nor cal trails? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > nor cal trails?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
jeep3000gt
1994 XJ Cherokee 

nor cal trails?

i just bought my 94 xj a few months ago and am looking for some easy to moderate 4x4 trails to go on. i live in sac and theres not really anything out here. i heard there r trails by forest hill? just looking for trails nearby any input would b great.

btw i have a 3 inch lift and 31 m/t so its not completely stock

jeep3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Check out .... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/...f-road-689915/

I don't know of any real trails in foresthill but there may be some. A lot of us go out to Deer Valley and Slick Rock a few times a year. Check in on that other thread guys will have all kinds of advice for you. I think there's gonna be a snow run before long (well I'm hoping anyway).
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

what he said ^^^^^^^^^
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
KOAKEN

If you live in Sacramento, go over to the Cal 4 Wheel office and talk to Bonnie. She can hook you up with several clubs in your area. The mountains are loaded with trails, mild to wild. The clubs have monthly runs and they would be glad to have you along. The Sierra Treasure Hunters, Capitol City Mt Goats, Sacramento Jeepers, are all great clubs and people.
KOAKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 08:17 AM   #5
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Check out .... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/...f-road-689915/

I don't know of any real trails in foresthill but there may be some. A lot of us go out to Deer Valley and Slick Rock a few times a year. Check in on that other thread guys will have all kinds of advice for you. I think there's gonna be a snow run before long (well I'm hoping anyway).
These may be a bit much for a guy looking for easy trails.

But if you in that area there is a trail at Boards Crossings that starts at the river near Dorrington, it has a few fun spots and is a good place to start. You can also do Deer Valley from Hwy 88 to the river crossing and see how. it goes. I would not try it from the Hwy 4 side until you feel more confident. Right now these are all covered by snow

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.