Nor Cal Jeepers Slickrock/Deer Valley 2011 - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Nor Cal Jeepers Slickrock/Deer Valley 2011

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #181
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

its a long ride home after 2 days of wheeling if you go north to south. there will be some reports from wheelers of the water crossings as we get closer to the date to give us the information needed to make a intelligent decision as to the correct plan of attack.

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #182
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
its a long ride home after 2 days of wheeling if you go north to south. there will be some reports from wheelers of the water crossings as we get closer to the date to give us the information needed to make a intelligent decision as to the correct plan of attack.
Agreed. Ill be driving 3 hours from Sacramento Sunday
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #183
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
But isn't the campground at the south end right by slick rock? I don't think it matters either way, we'll have to either go around to the north and run south or start south and go back around from the north to the campground (on the road I mean).
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #184
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thats what my plan was. I know there are going to be Pirate guys that will run this trail before us. If the water is too deep, we can always do in on DV as far as we want, then call it. Like I said, we will wait and see as the time gets closer. Driving home on 4 would kinda suck, especially for the Sac people. Nice thing about 88 is you have Mormon Emigrant to pass you over to 50.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #185
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
But isn't the campground at the south end right by slick rock? I don't think it matters either way, we'll have to either go around to the north and run south or start south and go back around from the north to the campground (on the road I mean).
The campground is at the North End of Slickrock, right next to Lake Alpine (which is where slickrock starts). We could always camp at Hermit Valley Campground (which is the start to DV). But that involve us backtracking. (especially if some of us want to go jump in Alpine after SR )
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 05-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #186
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

if we dont get good intell and do slick rock on sat, camp at or near alpine then run dv south to north on sunday . it would suck getting all the way to the water crossing and turn around. as stated earlier. if we go in dv north on sat and find the water crossing was to deep then we would do what? go back out and drive all the way around to slick rock?
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 05-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #187
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

the water depth seems to be the key
Unread 05-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #188
Rons92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe strawberry trail as a just in case?
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.
Rons92yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #189
Rons92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I haven't gotten to finish that trail yet(thanks again big squat for getting me home. Still owe you some welding rod)
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.
Unread 05-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #190
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

that weld i did looked like squat! i have to get some different rod . i have ac rod and it doesnt weld good on dc. 6010 anyone?
Unread 05-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #191
Rons92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
that weld i did looked like squat! i have to get some different rod . i have ac rod and it doesnt weld good on dc. 6010 anyone?
That weld was ugly but I think I could have finished the trail, And 6010 or 6011? ill bring it with me for ya
Unread 05-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #192
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

6010 ,and not to thick 3 3/2 or maybe 1/8" or both.
Unread 05-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #193
Rons92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
6010 ,and not to thick 3 3/2 or maybe 1/8" or both.
Done
Unread 05-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #194
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We wont run DV north to south, its way too far out of the way for the short little piece we would be wheeling. The plans are the same as of right now. Lets just pray to the water gods that the river is crossable!
Unread 05-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #195
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

You can also check dreamflows.com and see what the flow is before you leave. I don't know what the name of that river is though.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.