Nor Cal Jeepers Slickrock/Deer Valley 2011 - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Nor Cal Jeepers Slickrock/Deer Valley 2011

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Reply
Unread 05-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #151
timatoe
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 13,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent620 View Post
Thats what I wanted to know, that any 5/8's pin would work, thanks, maybe I'll pick up a spare.
Well double check that, Class III or above are going to have the 5/8's if for some reason you have a 2" receiver and it's only rated at like Class I or II, it's possible it would only have a 1/2 pin, but I doubt that. I don't think I've ever come across a 2" receiver with a 1/2" pin.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #152
bigsquat
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: placerville, ca
Posts: 4,281
speaking of recovery, my tow strap got caught under a wheel and cut thru it at the eye. i just tied a loop in the end, do you think it will stil work!
__________________
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #153
Sccafire
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
speaking of recovery, my tow strap got caught under a wheel and cut thru it at the eye. i just tied a loop in the end, do you think it will stil work!
I have an extra one you can use for the trip.
__________________
Scott

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #154
connor0770
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cameron Park, CA/ Reno, NV
Posts: 3,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
speaking of recovery, my tow strap got caught under a wheel and cut thru it at the eye. i just tied a loop in the end, do you think it will stil work!
same thing happened at KOH, except it was a winch line hahaha.. and the winch line got stuck around the wheel and the guy with it around his wheel pulled the winch line guy up the obstacle. Then it snapped. Pretty funny if you ask me
__________________
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #155
bigsquat
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: placerville, ca
Posts: 4,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
I have an extra one you can use for the trip.
i might take you up on that offer if i dont get a new one or use the old one anyway. thanks. ru going?
__________________
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #156
Agent620
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Classified, California
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Well double check that, Class III or above are going to have the 5/8's if for some reason you have a 2" receiver and it's only rated at like Class I or II, it's possible it would only have a 1/2 pin, but I doubt that. I don't think I've ever come across a 2" receiver with a 1/2" pin.
Its a 2" receiver thats rated for 3500 lbs and 350 tongue weight.
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #157
Sccafire
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i might take you up on that offer if i dont get a new one or use the old one anyway. thanks. ru going?
Yes, I am going. I think I have 3 straps so it won't be a big deal.
__________________
Scott

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #158
timatoe
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 13,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent620 View Post
Its a 2" receiver thats rated for 3500 lbs and 350 tongue weight.
You'll be fine.

Bob, yjjustforme (Jacob) picked up a strap from HF for like $15. I've never seen the ones like he got in the Roseville store though. I got a Smitty one at the Outdoorsman Expo show from 4 Wheel Parts for $18.

I think you could use yours in a pinch, but we should have enough of them floating around there shouldn't be an issue. That picture of Ben buried in the mud is the only time I've seen any type of recovery on DV. (I shouldn't have said that, now I'll get stuck)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #159
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?
 
Mr.B's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Roseville, Ca.
Posts: 3,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
You'll be fine.

Bob, yjjustforme (Jacob) picked up a strap from HF for like $15. I've never seen the ones like he got in the Roseville store though. I got a Smitty one at the Outdoorsman Expo show from 4 Wheel Parts for $18.

I think you could use yours in a pinch, but we should have enough of them floating around there shouldn't be an issue. That picture of Ben buried in the mud is the only time I've seen any type of recovery on DV. (I shouldn't have said that, now I'll get stuck)
You don't remember the year before, with Cmar? There were a few last year that I had to drag out of that mud hole, including Derrick.
__________________
.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #160
timatoe
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 13,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
You don't remember the year before, with Cmar?
Oh, yeah forgot about that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #161
WJChris
Web Wheeler
 
WJChris's Avatar
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santa Rosa, California
Posts: 2,557
Started installing lights yesterday. I have been motivated! The lights have been sitting in a box for months.
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 05:00 AM   #162
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?
 
Mr.B's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Roseville, Ca.
Posts: 3,288
That was weird. I just posted, quoting Connor and it shows I posted at 4:02 AM. Do you guys see that?

It's 6:30 PM!
__________________
.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 05:02 AM   #163
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?
 
Mr.B's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Roseville, Ca.
Posts: 3,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
... I wish i never wasted money on my Hella's.
Wouldn't that be Hella...singular?
__________________
.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #164
Agent620
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Classified, California
Posts: 1,055
Just wanted to thank the guys who suggested the D-ring for the hitch, I had to use it today and pull my family out of a rut. Wanna be off-roaders.
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #165
connor0770
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cameron Park, CA/ Reno, NV
Posts: 3,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJChris View Post
Started installing lights yesterday. I have been motivated! The lights have been sitting in a box for months.
rock lights
__________________
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.