Nor Cal Jeepers Slickrock/Deer Valley 2011 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Nor Cal Jeepers Slickrock/Deer Valley 2011

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nor Cal Jeepers Slickrock/Deer Valley 2011

This is our 3rd annual Deer Valley/ Slick Rock Trip. The dates are July 30th and 31st

For those of you who havent been on our trips before, here is a slideshow of last years trip:

The Trails
-Deer Valley
-Slick Rock

The plan:
-Meet at the Safeway in Jackson at 8:00am, Saturday July 30th,Safeway
-Leave Safeway by 8:30,(Come with a full tank of gas and full stomach, we want to get on the trail as soon as possible.)
-Head up Highway 4 to the campsite(TBA) so people can unload
-Wheel Slick Rock
-Campfire Saturday Night (Please bring cash for camping. I would bring $20 in change (i.e. 2 tens or 1 ten and 2 fives))
-Wake up early and wheel Deer Valley to Highway 88 (If water is too high we will wheel back to Highway 4 and leave from there)

The Requirements:
-Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
-First aid kit
-Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
-Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
-Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
-Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
-Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity,D-Rings,Shackle/Clevis
-20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
-Secured battery (no bungee cords)
-31"+ tires
-Spare parts, drive shaft u-joints, spares for whatever non-standard parts installed on your rigs
-Mini skids or reinforced LCA brackets, a t-case skid, and a gas tank skid HIGHLY recommended. These are things that are REALLY HARD to fix on the trail!!
-Most importantly! A GOOD ATTITUDE (This trip will not be about who has a bigger ****. If it turns into that, I will have no problem with not asking you to come back on any other future trips. Its all about having fun, learning, and getting drunk around the campfire telling big lies about the days events.)

-If you are needing help to get your Jeep ready for the trip, please let SCCAFIRE know. He is willing to set up a wrenching day before the trip.

This is a great trip for some of the guys and gals that may be fairly new to 4 wheeling who can get there feet wet and be with others to help them out when needed. This will hopefully be a confidence building weekend for those who are new to the sport. Also,to be able to learn what you and your rig can and cannot do.

If you have any other questions about this trip PM ME.

The Jeepers

Attending:
connor0770
JFox21
Prunedale4x4
pdangerp
SarahRose
CJ7crawler21
Mr.B
timatoe
bdock
OBX-resQ
bigsquat
thirdeye
cody11ca (sat only)
Jeep450r
KillerSloth

Friday:
WJChris
OBX-resQ
rangair94

Maybe:
scarrskey
SurfnSnow
plumber1
Agent620(+2)
Mark5
tizzdizz
thirdeye
RockWoRM
BinaryPie

97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Let's do it. It could be a little earlier too, I think when Bob and I camped out there in '09 it was the beginning of May and there was no snow, but it did snow on us on the way home with only bikini tops on.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
scarrskey
1999 WJ 

I should be able to make it......would be nice to get to know some of you guys
Unread 03-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

ARRRRGGGHHHH Slick Rock
Sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Purdy country after watching the vid. Must be lower elevation if you're planning a May trip with all the snow this year??? As far as going... will have to play it by ear for now. I'd really like to do a Con trip if some of you guys are planning or going to do that sometime this season.

Also, I throw it out now... if any of you NorCal'ers are interested in coming down this way, at some point in the summer I'll likely be putting togeather a Swamp and/or Coyote Lake trial run. These are both Rubicon type (more of less) trails, so 33's and at least one locker are the norm.

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 03:40 AM   #6
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Worm the Rubicon Ramblers do the Con the weekend after Labor Day. Me and some guys from work are planning on going in July or August, but I can't remember when right now.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 03:41 AM   #7
JFox21
1996 ZJ 

Iron Y-Not Connor! I'm in for the Slickrock/Deer Valley run in July.

Sophomore at Santa Clara University
JFox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #8
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Dont know if the dates will work yet but I would like to go this year.

JFox21, where in Lafayette are you? Used to live there now I'm in PH.
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #9
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Worm the Rubicon Ramblers do the Con the weekend after Labor Day. Me and some guys from work are planning on going in July or August, but I can't remember when right now.
Cool! Give me a heads up, please, when you get some dates, if you have room for another rig.

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We can change the dates of the trip. Everybody should throw out some ideas and we can take a vote. Judging by the snow at kirkwood... It might be a bit into summer before we can wheel the trail.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 03-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
JFox21
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
Dont know if the dates will work yet but I would like to go this year.

JFox21, where in Lafayette are you? Used to live there now I'm in PH.
I live in Burton Valley. Right near Rancho Colorados Pool. Where'd you live?

Sophomore at Santa Clara University
JFox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #12
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like a cool trip. I might be able to go but will double check as time gets close.
SurfnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 06:15 AM   #13
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

My summer days off work are limited this year. So if we do it on a weekend again that would be great. I do have the next two weeks off in August however. But I think we are planning a Barrett lake run in the second week of August.

This would really be the third annual Deer Valley trip. Some of us did it in 2009 also. Here are some links to videos of last year and '09.

Edit: I don't know why the videos aren't playing through. Just use these links and click "play all".

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=1D86CD6F99546D19

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...306EB71B3912DA

I have just one request...

BRING YOUR OWN FREAKING AIR COMPRESSORS! My red compressor hasn't worked since I aired up all those XJ's.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #14
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh and no "chocolate milk" this time hahaha
Unread 03-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #15
Rons92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I want in on this one,great trip last time and ben sorry about your compesser I used it first so tell me what I can do to get you back. favorite adult beverage?
Rons92yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.