Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Nor-Cal Bronco Canyon Run

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  tahoe wheelers 
#1 ·
Tryin to get a run together. Who wants to go date is to be announced prob a Saturday or Sunday. This is a challenging trail 33 inch tires a locker and some armor is needed. I hear there are some hot springs up there too. Trail is located east of Reno. Has anyone here ran this trail before? Looks like a good one from what I see on other forums. Close in difficulty to Rubicon.

#2 ·
Pick a date and I'll see what I can do. I know a couple other wheelers that would probably join us. We've been talking about doing that trail for years.

#6 ·
Wow, that definitely looks gnarly and harder than the Rubicon, especially the tight waterfall at the end. How long is the trail? I might consider a weekend trip out there, let me know.

Fred R.

#8 ·
Did you guys go? There's two parts to this trail. Lower Bronco for the 33-35" tire rigs and Upper Bronco for the big boys. You wouldnt want to take a full body rig up upper unless you dont mind body damage.

#10 ·
Ya lower bronco is very cool to run for 35" rigs with lockers even though you can make it with 33's and open but it takes some finess.

Also you could make a weekend out of it and hit a few other local trails closer to Reno like Budwieser, Twister, Steves Loop etc.

Go to Reno4x4.com when are thinking of wanting to go and we can get a good trail run going with the locals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.