Nor-Cal Bronco Canyon Run - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Nor-Cal Bronco Canyon Run

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 09-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nor-Cal Bronco Canyon Run

Tryin to get a run together. Who wants to go date is to be announced prob a Saturday or Sunday. This is a challenging trail 33 inch tires a locker and some armor is needed. I hear there are some hot springs up there too. Trail is located east of Reno. Has anyone here ran this trail before? Looks like a good one from what I see on other forums. Close in difficulty to Rubicon.

NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Pick a date and I'll see what I can do. I know a couple other wheelers that would probably join us. We've been talking about doing that trail for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Here's another thread I found, looks like fun, but I'll be waiting till I've got 35's before trying any of that....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/b...8-08-a-539630/
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal View Post
Pick a date and I'll see what I can do. I know a couple other wheelers that would probably join us. We've been talking about doing that trail for years.
I think Oct 17th would be good. Im busy the first and last weekend of Oct. First weekend of Nov. SEMA in Vegas!
Unread 09-22-2009, 07:25 AM   #5
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'll get back to you about the 17th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
fredr1980
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Here's another thread I found, looks like fun, but I'll be waiting till I've got 35's before trying any of that....

Wow, that definitely looks gnarly and harder than the Rubicon, especially the tight waterfall at the end. How long is the trail? I might consider a weekend trip out there, let me know.

Fred R.
Unread 09-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #7
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post

I'm sure without the snow and deep water the trail won't be as challenging as the pictures in that thread.

There are some hot springs up there that would be nice to take a dip in.
Unread 10-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
tahoe wheelers

Did you guys go? There's two parts to this trail. Lower Bronco for the 33-35" tire rigs and Upper Bronco for the big boys. You wouldnt want to take a full body rig up upper unless you dont mind body damage.
1985 cj 7. 360 V8, 35X12.50 BFG's sitting on Crager 15X8 rims, summer brothers axle rear, Yukon axles up front, lock rite lockers front and rear, 5" of lift, body armor, six point roll cage, 8000lb warn winch, 4.56 yukon gears front and rear, t-18, dana 300. And much more on the way.

www.therockgods.com
www.reno4x4.com
tahoe wheelers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #9
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe wheelers View Post
Did you guys go? There's two parts to this trail. Lower Bronco for the 33-35" tire rigs and Upper Bronco for the big boys. You wouldnt want to take a full body rig up upper unless you dont mind body damage.
we didn't go but I'm still open to going in a few weeks. Need to get a couple more people to go. Is lower bronco still a fun trail to run ?
Unread 10-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #10
tahoe wheelers

Ya lower bronco is very cool to run for 35" rigs with lockers even though you can make it with 33's and open but it takes some finess.

Also you could make a weekend out of it and hit a few other local trails closer to Reno like Budwieser, Twister, Steves Loop etc.

Go to Reno4x4.com when are thinking of wanting to go and we can get a good trail run going with the locals.
1985 cj 7. 360 V8, 35X12.50 BFG's sitting on Crager 15X8 rims, summer brothers axle rear, Yukon axles up front, lock rite lockers front and rear, 5" of lift, body armor, six point roll cage, 8000lb warn winch, 4.56 yukon gears front and rear, t-18, dana 300. And much more on the way.

www.therockgods.com
www.reno4x4.com
tahoe wheelers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.