Need some wheeling buddies - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Need some wheeling buddies

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThis is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 03-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
bigsherm2211
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Need some wheeling buddies

Hey guys, I live in Irvine and have a pretty capable jeep; however I'm not a native of the area and don't know of many places to go. On top of that I don't have many friends who are interested in Wheeling (damn bastards). I was just wondering if anyone in the area was interested in hitting some trails sometime, or know of a jeep club based in the area that i could join.

bigsherm2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Try a Google search for 4WD clubs in your area, that is how I found mine. Start going to meetings and you will get invites to runs they put on.

Now how far are you willing to drive will also come into play, I am in the high desert in Ridgecrest and there are tons of trails out here in this area which includes the Sierras and Death Valley so it all depends on you and how far you want to go just to get there.

Then you have Big Bear which has trails from mild to wild, OK I think you get the idea. Do some reading of others posts on trips they have made, it will give you even more ideas.

And welcome to the forum!
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Johnson Valley is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Irvine with trails that are mild to extreme. Calico (one of our favorites) is maybe 2 hours from you. Cleghorn is about 1 hour from you.

Jump in to the Los Angeles thread on here and introduce yourself. There's guys from all over Southern Cal that hang out in there and plan local trips. We joke around a lot in there though.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
bigsherm2211
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the advice and the warm welcome. I look into it. See you on the trails
bigsherm2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #5
medic4army
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsherm2211
Hey guys, I live in Irvine and have a pretty capable jeep; however I'm not a native of the area and don't know of many places to go. On top of that I don't have many friends who are interested in Wheeling (damn bastards). I was just wondering if anyone in the area was interested in hitting some trails sometime, or know of a jeep club based in the area that i could join.
If you aren't looking for something technical, and don't want to drive far, there is always Azusa Canyon OHV Area. It's in the San Gabriel mtns I believe, about 40 ish mins from you. Lots of mud, water crossings, some sand and a few hills (it's in a water reservoir, so a lot of the "obstacles" depend on current water level). Go on YouTube and look it up. It can get boring, but you should visit at least once. I take newbies there to get em hooked on 4wheeling.
medic4army is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

I'm working on my build and when done, I'll cruise with ya!
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
DaK09

Plenty of other runs on this board and other boards as well. Just sign up and go. Lots of good people out there to wheel with you won't be dissappointed.
DaK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #8
KickRocks
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc View Post
Try a Google search for 4WD clubs in your area, that is how I found mine. Start going to meetings and you will get invites to runs they put on.

Now how far are you willing to drive will also come into play, I am in the high desert in Ridgecrest and there are tons of trails out here in this area which includes the Sierras and Death Valley so it all depends on you and how far you want to go just to get there.

Then you have Big Bear which has trails from mild to wild, OK I think you get the idea. Do some reading of others posts on trips they have made, it will give you even more ideas.

And welcome to the forum!
I fish the sierras a lot..and just bought my jeep. I'll be up there checking out that trail that goes up White Mountain peak, Laurel Lakes, and a few other spots soon.
KickRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickRocks View Post
I fish the sierras a lot..and just bought my jeep. I'll be up there checking out that trail that goes up White Mountain peak, Laurel Lakes, and a few other spots soon.
Welcome aboard and I'm sure we'll set up something local soon. I'm excited to get out but still working on my rig and now in the middle of moving to a new house in Granada Hills. I have a 3 car garage in the new place and looking forward to have a wrenching stall all for my WJ, lol.
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #10
CJ7dreamer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsherm2211 View Post
There is nothing really hardcore that is local. I am out in Trabuco Canyon near Holy Jim. Most of the area out there is private property or forest service land.... But I have a few areas that I have found to play around in. There is also Main Divide road and Wildomar OHV area. I am always looking for someone to wheel with, none of my friends get the jeep thing.

Here is my current bucket of bolts.

forumrunner_20130407_100021.jpg
CJ7dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
Jboadway
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Where can one find more info on the calico area?
Jboadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #12
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7dreamer

There is nothing really hardcore that is local. I am out in Trabuco Canyon near Holy Jim. Most of the area out there is private property or forest service land.... But I have a few areas that I have found to play around in. There is also Main Divide road and Wildomar OHV area. I am always looking for someone to wheel with, none of my friends get the jeep thing.

Here is my current bucket of bolts.
A few more weeks and I'll be ready to roll, can't wait!

Nice "bucket of bolts!" In comparison then mine is a bucket of washers, lol.
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #13
DirtyCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Dirt Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsherm2211 View Post
Hey your in luck, The Dirt Devils 4X4 Club meets at Marie Callender's Restaurant on the corner of Imperial Hwy and LaPalma in Anaheim on the First Tuesday of every month at 7pm.

Love to have ya.

[B][url]www.pimpyourtrailrig.com[/url]
[url]www.pimpmytrailrig.com[/url]
[url]www.outfitmy4x4.com[/url]
[url]www.outfitmytrailrig.com[/url]
[url]www.edgeoffroad.com[/url] [/B]
DirtyCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:35 AM   #14
KickRocks
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboadway View Post
Where can one find more info on the calico area?
Google Calico Ghost Mine 4wd (Off road) Trails
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:35 AM   #15
KickRocks
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmydaGreek View Post
Welcome aboard and I'm sure we'll set up something local soon. I'm excited to get out but still working on my rig and now in the middle of moving to a new house in Granada Hills. I have a 3 car garage in the new place and looking forward to have a wrenching stall all for my WJ, lol.
Sweet, send a PM or something when you're ready to roll out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.