In need do a complete d30 w/ 3.55s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > In need do a complete d30 w/ 3.55s

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 10-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #1
Mike934

In need do a complete d30 w/ 3.55s

Well guys the wife's jeep for whatever reason started having a nasty *** growl in the d30. Find out bearings are toasted, and metal glitter in the oil. Scrap that d30 & grab 1 off craigslist claiming to have 3.55s...turns out it soundly 3.07.
I bolted it in, bled the brakes. Ready to rock. Wife says did you check the fluid...pull the cover drain it and check the r&p. Find out it soundly 3.07

More pissed I did all the work to find out the mismatch gears. Glad I didn't run a transfercase though.

Does anyone have one kicking around that's in runnable condition? I can swap on knuckles, brakes ect no worry just need matching gears. I was hoping a local would be willing to do a straight swap..maybe you've got a spare? One to build ect? Maybe know a dismantling shop that'd be wiling to swap my 3.07 d30 for a 3.55?

Its a 3.07 high pinion d30 non disco. I NEED a 3.55 non disco. I'm even willing to take a low pinion.

Unread 10-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

where are you located?

pick your part is half off next weekend

http://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/sales/
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
Mike934

Got lucky and a local jeeper who owned a xj still had a d30/c8.25. Guess he swapped in built axles at some point. But he gave me the complete caliper to caliper d30 for 40 bucks
Super stoked. Gonna gusset the c's, custom lower shock mounts, mini truss & control arm skids before I goes in.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.