Loon Lake Snow Run - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Loon Lake Snow Run

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #76
billybooster2
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

A beer while pulling donuts! Perfick!

billybooster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #77
Ninjamaster
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm in.
Ninjamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #78
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Gene13
Bobthetj03
JPetru82
lowranger
flyinion
89YJBuilder
kennyboobear
Kanara
jason mac
hoggstatus
MC06
MrAugie
vwphibs
villageidiot1313
DiscoBayJoe
Marinespence
Ninjamaster
Unread 12-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #79
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjamaster View Post
I'm in.
Have you on buddy.
Unread 12-08-2012, 01:38 AM   #80
89YJBuilder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Okay a couple of questions. Somebody mentioned "Uncle Tom's Cabin," whats that? and Why?
89YJBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #81
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89YJBuilder View Post
Okay a couple of questions. Somebody mentioned "Uncle Tom's Cabin," whats that? and Why?
That was me AND Uncle Tom's Cabin is an old pub built in 1863 (or 1864?) along Wentworth Springs Rd. It's open year round and is a very generic hole in the wall bar. But what attracts people from far and wide is not the liquor selection, but instead the walking, talking, breathing walls that have seen 150 years of passerby's walk beside them and leave their mark. I'm told it's a one of a kind experience, and definitely worth going out of your way to visit. Mid February of 2009 it looked like this. I'm hoping we have similar results in mid January...

But for that to occur, it had damn well better start puking moisture up in those Sierras that await is!

[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #82
MrAugie
2012 JK Wrangler 

Excellent write up on Uncle Tom's Cabin Kennyboobear.

I have been there 10-15 times and could not have explained it better to myself.

Pray for Snow.
MrAugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #83
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAugie View Post
Excellent write up on Uncle Tom's Cabin Kennyboobear.

I have been there 10-15 times and could not have explained it better to myself.

Pray for Snow.
Haha no kiddin' and thanks! Oddly enough, I've never been there. That said, I've heard a number of stories about it and since I first heard about it back in 06, it's a place I've wanted to visit.

Fingers crossed that it's open that Saturday lol

[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
Unread 12-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #84
89YJBuilder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Oh cool, hope we can see it. My sis may not be too cool with my nephew being there if they would even let him in to see it. That being said I'm not sure he will be going. I would like to see that though. I am some what of a history buff.

So when do we leave? GOTTA GO... GOTTA GO... GOTTA WHEEL! YEH LETS GO!!!!
89YJBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #85
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Should be able to make this. Will know right after holidays for sure
Norcal_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #86
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Gene13
Bobthetj03
JPetru82
lowranger
flyinion
89YJBuilder
kennyboobear
Kanara
jason mac
hoggstatus
MC06
MrAugie
vwphibs
villageidiot1313
DiscoBayJoe
Marinespence
Ninjamaster
UC Rubi
sinbob
Norcal chris

Looks like this is going to be a killer run. Now we just need some (LOTS) of snow.
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #87
fast540
1999 WJ 

Well guys it looks like I'm gonna sit this one out. Ive got plans I just can't get out of
fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #88
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast540 View Post
Well guys it looks like I'm gonna sit this one out. Ive got plans I just can't get out of
Booo

But no worries, I'm sure we'll each have a beer in your absence once we reach Uncle Tom's

Unread 12-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #89
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast540 View Post
That sucks. Hope you can make the next one.
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #90
marinespence

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post

I've got two straps, a winch, and plenty of recovery points. Sadly no snatch block, snatch strap, or tree saver though so I might be bumming someone elses

Anyone coming from the San Jose/South Bay area or San Francisco? Would love to Caravan up there that morning. I'll be stopping in San Francisco first thing, to pick up the lady.
Im out of San Jose and I'm gonna be meeting up with some guys in pacifica to caravan you can join us.
marinespence is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.