Loon Lake Snow Run - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Loon Lake Snow Run

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #31
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
Departure time - 9AM, Meet up at Georgetown Market between 830 and 9AM.
Location: Georgetown Market., one block east of the Main St./Wentworth Springs Rd. intersection with Hwy 193

This will be a "go as far as we can get and then turn around" type of run. Everyone is welcome, but I do suggest you bring a recovery strap and have both front and rear recovery points as there will probably be lots of recovering going on. Bring a lunch and snacks + water. You can purchase sandwiches at the market for your lunch as well
I've got two straps, a winch, and plenty of recovery points. Sadly no snatch block, snatch strap, or tree saver though so I might be bumming someone elses

Anyone coming from the San Jose/South Bay area or San Francisco? Would love to Caravan up there that morning. I'll be stopping in San Francisco first thing, to pick up the lady.

[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #32
flyinion
2012 JK Wrangler 

19th sounds great to me. Might even have the new puppy along since he should have all his shots at that point
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #33
billybooster2
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear

I've got two straps, a winch, and plenty of recovery points. Sadly no snatch block, snatch strap, or tree saver though so I might be bumming someone elses

Anyone coming from the San Jose/South Bay area or San Francisco? Would love to Caravan up there that morning. I'll be stopping in San Francisco first thing, to pick up the lady.
I'm coming from mill valley. Anyone wanna campout?
billybooster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #34
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybooster2 View Post
Well I'll be picking up my girl at roughly 6am and heading to Georgetown from the Mission area of San Francisco, so it may be impractical for you to go out of your way to caravan with us, but if not then I'm sure we could meet at a half way point (gas station) in Vallejo somewhere. I DON'T think we'll be camping out though, as we've got no camping gear. That could all change though, so we'll keep you posted. We may, however, grab a hotel somewhere between Georgetown and Sacramento.

That said, is this restricted to Jeeps only? I ask because a good friend of mine (house mate) who used to own/wheel a WJ, now has a truck on 33s. She got T-Boned last year which basically totaled her GC, and with the money she saved + insurance money, her best option at the time was this truck. She's curious to know as to whether she'd be welcome on the run. I don't wanna go speaking out of place, so let me know what's up

Also, will we be attempting to make a stop at Uncle Tom's Cabin? Having not been up there before (again, new Californian) I'd love to make a stop there, but if it's not in the cards then I'm sure I'll have another opportunity eventually.
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #35
flyinion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I thought about it. Unfortunately I haven't really been camping since I was a kid and the only gear I own is a tent and a sleeping bag. Works great for summer time but no idea about in the snow.
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #36
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear

Well I'll be picking up my girl at roughly 6am and heading to Georgetown from the Mission area of San Francisco, so it may be impractical for you to go out of your way to caravan with us, but if not then I'm sure we could meet at a half way point (gas station) in Vallejo somewhere. I DON'T think we'll be camping out though, as we've got no camping gear. That could all change though, so we'll keep you posted. We may, however, grab a hotel somewhere between Georgetown and Sacramento.

That said, is this restricted to Jeeps only? I ask because a good friend of mine (house mate) who used to own/wheel a WJ, now has a truck on 33s. She got T-Boned last year which basically totaled her GC, and with the money she saved + insurance money, her best option at the time was this truck. She's curious to know as to whether she'd be welcome on the run. I don't wanna go speaking out of place, so let me know what's up

Also, will we be attempting to make a stop at Uncle Tom's Cabin? Having not been up there before (again, new Californian) I'd love to make a stop there, but if it's not in the cards then I'm sure I'll have another opportunity eventually.
I live in Vallejo, so I'll join the caravan.
JPetru82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #37
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

All of are runs are open to everyone even if they don't drive a jeep. LOL
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #38
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I told the wife she was going on this one with us, ( if she feels up to it that is) So no camping for me. I can live with that to have her join us.
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #39
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post

I was thinking about that, and think it would be cool as hell to stop by.
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #40
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

So this run is now on 3 different forums.
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #41
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowranger View Post
Jimbob....wanna carravan over there?
Sounds good to me Craig. Maybe we can gather Jason as well for the caravan.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #42
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here is the first list.

Gene13
Bobthetj03
JPetru82
lowranger
flyinion
89YJBuilder
kennyboobear
billybooster2
jason mac
hoggstatus

If I missed anyone just let me know.
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #43
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

what are the chances of pin striping on this run? My buddy has been wanting to tag along in his jeep, but it's leased so he can't trash it.
JPetru82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #44
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82 View Post
what are the chances of pin striping on this run? My buddy has been wanting to tag along in his jeep, but it's leased so he can't trash it.
When we went last year there was no pin striping but you just never know. For the most part it's a paved road with lots of snow. (Hoping) I'll look to see I can find any pic's from it.
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #45
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here's some pic's

This was back in April.
p4210139.jpg   p4210140.jpg   p4210143.jpg   p4210141.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.