Looking for someone to wheel with - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Looking for someone to wheel with

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Exclamation Looking for someone to wheel with

Would anyone be interested in doing the Delilha Fire Lookout, Cherry Flat, or Davis Flat trails?

I know they are nothing big by any means, but I don't feel that my near stock WJ is capable of doing Buck Rock.

Either way I need someone to wheel with. I still haven't met anyone around here that wheels and I know better then to go anywhere without a second vehicle.

I can't stand the pavement anymore.

2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Blkdvll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

No one wants to wheel?
2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

If you want to go to Hollister, there's usually someone doing a trip there. I might be going next weekend.
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
jeepwcrazy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I can't do anything this weekend and I believe I'm heading up to Buck rock next weekend. There are plenty of people in the area that wheels. Check out www.lockandlow.com
jeepwcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #5
cweed
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hey I am a member of the Hanford Trail Busters and we go at leats two times month. We wheel the shaver/ Huntington area during the summer and the Mojave are during the winter. Let me know if your interested and I can keep you posted when we are going. Our next trip is most likely July 12th to Coyote lake, Then we have a four day trip to teh Rubicon planned for the following weekend. Hit me and let's see if your interested.
cweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'll be wheeling up in Shaver on the 18-19th with a couple of buddies. Anyone is welcome.

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzdizz View Post
If you want to go to Hollister, there's usually someone doing a trip there. I might be going next weekend.
I really want to go to Hollister, but next weekend is my sons 1st birthday party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwcrazy View Post
I can't do anything this weekend and I believe I'm heading up to Buck rock next weekend. There are plenty of people in the area that wheels. Check out www.lockandlow.com
Buck rock is most definately on my list of "to-due's". However, my wifes uncle stated that I shouldn't attempt that trail without rock-rails unless I would like to some body work.

What do you think? I'm only at 2" of lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweed View Post
Hey I am a member of the Hanford Trail Busters and we go at leats two times month. We wheel the shaver/ Huntington area during the summer and the Mojave are during the winter. Let me know if your interested and I can keep you posted when we are going. Our next trip is most likely July 12th to Coyote lake, Then we have a four day trip to teh Rubicon planned for the following weekend. Hit me and let's see if your interested.
Yes, please keep me updated on any runs you're doing. I'd love to do the Rubicon but I won't ever have a rig built enough to handle it.
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #8
jeepwcrazy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'll let you know this weekend because I havn't run it yet. Also, if you havn't checked out the website yet: that website is the the home for 4 different clubs in the area. cweed's club Hanford Trail Busters, Fresno Hill Hoppers, Clovis Independant 4 Wheelers, and of course the Visalia Lock and Low. So you will probably be able to find something to do each and every weekend.

Mark
Unread 07-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwcrazy View Post
I'll let you know this weekend because I havn't run it yet. Also, if you havn't checked out the website yet: that website is the the home for 4 different clubs in the area. cweed's club Hanford Trail Busters, Fresno Hill Hoppers, Clovis Independant 4 Wheelers, and of course the Visalia Lock and Low. So you will probably be able to find something to do each and every weekend.

Mark

I checked out those boards during winter time. I swear I heard crickets in there.

I looked up Buck Rock on You Tube and saw videos that showed a fairly time trail being taken by a Envoy, but also saw a trail that reminded me of the Rubicon with huge lifted TJ's and JK's having trouble.

So please.....tell me how it REALLY is
Unread 07-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #10
jeepwcrazy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, not too many rides going on during the winter. Also, I don't believe all the different clubs were added at that time. I'll let you know how Sat goes.
Unread 07-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #11
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Did you go? What was it like?
Unread 07-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
jeepwcrazy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, we went up there. We had a TJ with a 2" budget boost and stock tires go with up and didn't have any problems. All the "fun" stuff had bypasses. I know that the TJ would have more clearance than you but if you took your time and watched your line, you wouldn't have a problem.
Unread 07-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #13
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Awesome! I'm so going to do this trail! Thanks for the report!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.