looking for a little help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > looking for a little help

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
MikelStone
1989 YJ Wrangler 

looking for a little help

I need a good jeep mechanic in south Orange County , Ca. My son is in school and I sent him the jeep so he had a cool ride. Well its leaking oil all over the place and I need those fixed asap, but I don't know where to turn, everyone we have tried to talk too have coiled up like a snake ready to bite us.

MikelStone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
DaK09

Ones I know are mod shops but may be able to help.

Contact Rebel Off Road, speak with Gabe or Jason. The other shop would be JPi and speak with Stan. One of those two shops should either be able to help you or point you to the right direction. Rebel is in Lake Forest which is closer to OC so I would try them first and they are located in one of those automotive repair parks where there are multiple shops so they should know someone near them to help.

http://www.rebeloffroad.com/
http://www.jeeperformanceinc.com/

Good luck
DaK09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
MikelStone
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks i will give them a call
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
MikelStone
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just a follow up, I ended out using Jeeps R Us in Laguna Beach just because it was easier to get things done there, than at Rebel. I was very happy with their work and the fact they went the extra mile and delivered the jeep at no charge when they were done. They are more pricey by the hour but they got done what I thought should take 6 hours in 4, so I ended up paying the same price as I would anywhere else.
Unread 10-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
socaldaveh

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just to throw this out there for other people looking.. By far the best mechanic I've every taken a car to is Hanlon's in Lake Forest: http://www.hanlonautoservice.com/ This guy's shop is honest to the T. My buddy brought his ranger in for a clutch job, hanlon called him the next day and told him to come pick it up, it was done. When my buddy got there and asked for the bill hanlon said, "no charge, it was just the cable that needed adjusting." THAT doesn't always happen at the mechanic. This shop was my family's shop for 20 years before I moved out of the area.
You can read about jeeps all you want, but if you take a jeep that you don't love out on the trail, she'll shake you down just as sure as the the turning of the world. Love keeps her going when she ought to break down, tells you she's hurting before she dies. It's a jeep thing, you probably won't understand.
socaldaveh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.