Littlerock Truck trail - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Littlerock Truck trail

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #61
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah maybe Michael can show you the trailhead, or even run it with you? If not we can do it another time.

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #62
WOKNROX
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds good...
Thanx
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #63
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
Yeah maybe Michael can show you the trailhead, or even run it with you? If not we can do it another time.
Oh hell. I have no idea what's going on this weekend. My girlfriend was supposed to make plans for the beach and I thought id be back Sunday to go originally as planned. As soon as I know I'll let you guys know. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it down very far on the trail. I'm stock on 30's but I could probably show the trail head at least.
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #64
WOKNROX
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hey right on guys...I think we should make it another time... I'm gonna run Marble Canyon Saturday and stay close to home Sunday and run Stoddard Wells....Achey Breaky & Pumpkin Eater...
I'll catch up with you guys next time...
Thanx Steve..
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #65
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Have fun Steve
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #66
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Can't believe I forgot to post some of the pictures again. Well, here they are.

I didn't get any pictures of the start of the trail because, well, I never thought i'd be explaining what it was.

This is about 100 or so yards from the Lupine camp site at the bottom of the canyon.

This is just a little bit further. The whole trail, up to the point we turned around was fairly easy for the Cherocar. It's locked with 3" of lift and 31's.

At this point, it's just one massive wash. I'd suspect it changes every year depending on the amount of run off. This was an obvious path we took but I am sure more challenging lines could be found if one were looking for them.

After you pass through the main wash in the canyon basin, you actually find yourself on a bit of a fire road.

This was the tree I mentioned earlier in the thread, and I am sure this is not the one Hotshot was talking about. Oddly enough, this little tree gave the Cherocar the most trouble.

More fire road

There is a slightly deeper wash, probably 3-4' deep with steep sides at some point after the little tree. I tried to keep the pictures in the order they were taken, but they have been moved around a bit and the computer likes to changes things for unknown reasons. So I apologize if this is not the order they were in.

I'm guessing this could be the tree that Hotshot was talking about. They were cut and moved long before we got there.

Coming back towards the beginning. We turned around shortly after those big cut trees.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Michaelgoesrawr; 07-23-2013 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Make it look better
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #67
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like you took a different route then I did. There were big boulders in the wash on the route I took. And Neither of those trees are the one I was talking about. The one I ran across was a large freshly fallen tree with all the bark and branches on it still.
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #68
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

We probably did. We took the route that looked the easiest since I didn't know how far I could get my Jeep in there if he got stuck and couldn't winch out. I'm sure you guys could drive straight down the wash in the middle of the canyon.
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #69
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr
We probably did. We took the route that looked the easiest since I didn't know how far I could get my Jeep in there if he got stuck and couldn't winch out. I'm sure you guys could drive straight down the wash in the middle of the canyon.
Like you said the terrain is constantly changing with the run off. Ill have to go back down there and check it out one of these days.
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #70
WOKNROX
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanx again for the pix... I'm still interested in checking it out so please give me a heads up when you guys plan on going out
Thanx..
woknrox_avitar.jpg

Unread 07-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #71
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Of course. Hotshot was just talking about going on a run.
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #72
WOKNROX
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nice!
A bunch of us are running Cleighorn Sunday
Meeting under the I15 freeway 9ish....
If you guys wonna come along...
SteveO
Unread 07-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #73
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX
Nice!
A bunch of us are running Cleighorn Sunday
Meeting under the I15 freeway 9ish....
If you guys wonna come along...
SteveO
To many little projects around the house right now, painting and crap. Managed to get stuff done early today so my brother, neighbor and I are heading out near Black Butte to our fire ring for a little cook out.. Just loaded up a little fire wood, and the ice chests.
image-2441316839.jpg

Unread 07-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #74
WOKNROX
1991 YJ Wrangler 

No worries....you guys have a good one and I'll catch you on the next one...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.