Littlerock Truck trail - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Littlerock Truck trail

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 05-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #16
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX

I like boulder filled washes ...ALOT...tell me more...where's it at and how do I get there..?
Thanx in advance ..
The gate wasn't opened two weeks ago but ill let you know as soon as we see it open. I'll crawl it with you.

You take highway 138 to highway 2, go through Wrightwood, go past the ski areas, the gate is right at the view point. You follow that trail until it drops down to your right, follow the trail all the way to the bottom where the campground is. From there you'll pass through the boulders that are pushed out of the way and follow the trail until it disappears into the wash, follow the wash until you see the trail on the right again.

Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #17
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Should be opening up any day now. The poster on the ranger station said late May
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #18
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr
Should be opening up any day now. The poster on the ranger station said late May
Maybe? When I was up there two weekends ago the gates were open at Vincent Gap but that one was still locked.
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #19
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah we were up there the same day an that's when I read it.
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #20
WOKNROX
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hey...right on guys....shoot me a PM anytime you guys want to go out and play....I'm always up for some wheelin ..
Man I've done done alot of camping at Table Mtn and have never been down that one before...
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #21
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey...right on guys....shoot me a PM anytime you guys want to go out and play....I'm always up for some wheelin ..
Man I've done done alot of camping at Table Mtn and have never been down that one before...
You may like that even better than. There are three drive in camp grounds on it and one "hike in" at the bottom. I imagine that's where we would stop if we all went down there though. I'll try and get some pictures up here for all you guys tonight.

As of last year that was the beginning of the trail right after the campsite. It continues behind me.
image-2511740005.jpg  
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #22
WOKNROX
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Right on bud....looks like good times...
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #23
WOKNROX
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
You may like that even better than. There are three drive in camp grounds on it and one "hike in" at the bottom. I imagine that's where we would stop if we all went down there though. I'll try and get some pictures up here for all you guys tonight.

As of last year that was the beginning of the trail right after the campsite. It continues behind me.
Hey bud its starting to get warm here in the Desert so it'll be nice to start hitting the mtn trails.
Any news on this one?...are the gates open and has anyone run it lately?
Thank Steve..
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #24
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Hey bud its starting to get warm here in the Desert so it'll be nice to start hitting the mtn trails.
Any news on this one?...are the gates open and has anyone run it lately?
Thank Steve..
The gates are open as far as I know. We were going to go camping last weekend at one of the campsites on the access road but changed our minds last minute(or well, my girlfriend had hopes of going to another one).

Just checked with a friend and he said he hasn't found any closed gates. He was up there a few days ago. But I don't know anyone who's been on that trail.

Edit: Sorry. I'll have to dig up some pictures soon. I promise I have them. Just been really busy with school.
Unread 06-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #25
WOKNROX
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hey no problem at all bud...
If you have time and are able too....I'd love it if you could PM me good directions from Wright Wood to the trail with the rocks...
That would be sweet...
Thanx Steve..
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #26
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

It's pretty easy to get there. Stay on hwy 2 until you get to the big view point area. You pass The ski areas and the Jackson Lake turn off (N4). One maybe two miles past N4. There's parking on both sides of the road, the right side has a restroom. On the left side as your entering the the view point pull out there's a gate on your left. Go through that gate and follow the road, you'll pass a fenced reservoir, just keep going until you see a cutoff going down hill on your right. Take that all the way to the campground at the bottom. Instead of turning left into the campground loop continue straight. Last time I was down there I passed through a couple of boulders. The trail will start taking you off towards the right. After a little bit it'll disappear into a wash, and later reappear on your right. I didn't go much further then that because we only had the one jeep there and no cell service.
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #27
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
It's pretty easy to get there. Stay on hwy 2 until you get to the big view point area. You pass The ski areas and the Jackson Lake turn off (N4). One maybe two miles past N4. There's parking on both sides of the road, the right side has a restroom. On the left side as your entering the the view point pull out there's a gate on your left. Go through that gate and follow the road, you'll pass a fenced reservoir, just keep going until you see a cutoff going down hill on your right. Take that all the way to the campground at the bottom. Instead of turning left into the campground loop continue straight. Last time I was down there I passed through a couple of boulders. The trail will start taking you off towards the right. After a little bit it'll disappear into a wash, and later reappear on your right. I didn't go much further then that because we only had the one jeep there and no cell service.
I just PM'd him basically everything you said. Including the boulders haha.
Unread 06-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

How far have you taken that trail?
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #29
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
How far have you taken that trail?
Probably a half mile past where the rocky wash ends. It's a really tight single way road.
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #30
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

We need to run it with a coupe jeeps and see how far we can get back there. There's suppose to be an old mining camp back there somewhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.