Littlerock Truck trail - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Littlerock Truck trail

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
DaK09

Littlerock Truck trail

Anyone here know anything about this "road"? Fellow jeeper brought it up as a possible run this weekend. Looks to me to be nothing more than a fire road.

TIA

DaK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
DaK09

Don't know how the link will work in the future but I had to pan left to find the trail.
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Don't know the trail, but it seems like it goes all the way up to The peak, and then to Kentucky Springs.
slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Someone told me it was closed at the Littlerock reservoir a couple years ago when I was asking about it. I never bothered investigating it though. If you find out that it's open let me know.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #5
DaK09

Okay thanks for the information, this will be a run for another day.
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
Trailchaser562
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Closed due to frogs.
Trailchaser562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #7
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailchaser562 View Post
Closed due to frogs.
There is a road that runs through Mountain High that is supposed to be closed due to frogs. Been open for the past three years.
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
brian243
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

There is a road that runs through Mountain High that is supposed to be closed due to frogs. Been open for the past three years.
They closed the last few miles of that road that get you down by the creek. It's open to the camp ground.
brian243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian243

They closed the last few miles of that road that get you down by the creek. It's open to the camp ground.
Last time I was down there ( about a year or so ago) the boulders had been moved and the trail appeared to be open. I drove down in there a little ways, it's pretty much a boulder filled wash for a little ways in. I turned around where a downed tree was blocking the trail just after you get out of the wash.
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

Last time I was down there ( about a year or so ago) the boulders had been moved and the trail appeared to be open. I drove down in there a little ways, it's pretty much a boulder filled wash for a little ways in. I turned around where a downed tree was blocking the trail just after you get out of the wash.
Went went past that in my friends XJ last year. As far as I know it was open much past where we stopped and turned around. I'm sure ill be up an down there a few times this year.
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

Went went past that in my friends XJ last year. As far as I know it was open much past where we stopped and turned around. I'm sure ill be up an down there a few times this year.
A few more weeks and the campgrounds and trails should be open up there. I'm looking forward to taking my trailer up to Table Top this year.
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #12
DaK09

If you have a winch the tree can be moved or is it something you think the forest service put there to block the trail?
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK09
If you have a winch the tree can be moved or is it something you think the forest service put there to block the trail?
It's literally a 6-12" round tree. We just drove over it. Lol. Not very big at all. At least if its the one I'm thinking of. I'll try and get on the computer and grab some of the pictures I have.
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nah we must be talking about two different trees. The one I seen was huge. Could a jeep move it? Maybe? I coud've driven around it but because I was the only vehicle down there I figured it was a good place to turn around. I don't think it would be wise moving a tree in the national forest without permission anyways. If it had been blocking me in, I'd of moved it. Just wasn't the case.
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #15
WOKNROX
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
I like boulder filled washes ...ALOT...tell me more...where's it at and how do I get there..?
Thanx in advance ..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.