JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/)
-   -   Littlerock Truck trail (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/littlerock-truck-trail-1508070/)

DaK09 04-12-2013 06:12 AM

Littlerock Truck trail
 
Anyone here know anything about this "road"? Fellow jeeper brought it up as a possible run this weekend. Looks to me to be nothing more than a fire road.

TIA


DaK09 04-12-2013 06:13 AM

Don't know how the link will work in the future but I had to pan left to find the trail.

slickrocksteve 04-12-2013 12:02 PM

Don't know the trail, but it seems like it goes all the way up to The peak, and then to Kentucky Springs.

Hotshot 04-12-2013 04:15 PM

Someone told me it was closed at the Littlerock reservoir a couple years ago when I was asking about it. I never bothered investigating it though. If you find out that it's open let me know.

DaK09 04-13-2013 06:06 AM

Okay thanks for the information, this will be a run for another day.

Trailchaser562 04-17-2013 12:52 AM

Closed due to frogs.

Michaelgoesrawr 04-24-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trailchaser562 (Post 15307388)
Closed due to frogs.

There is a road that runs through Mountain High that is supposed to be closed due to frogs. Been open for the past three years. :laugh:

brian243 04-25-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

There is a road that runs through Mountain High that is supposed to be closed due to frogs. Been open for the past three years. :laugh:

They closed the last few miles of that road that get you down by the creek. It's open to the camp ground.

Hotshot 04-25-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian243

They closed the last few miles of that road that get you down by the creek. It's open to the camp ground.

Last time I was down there ( about a year or so ago) the boulders had been moved and the trail appeared to be open. I drove down in there a little ways, it's pretty much a boulder filled wash for a little ways in. I turned around where a downed tree was blocking the trail just after you get out of the wash.

Michaelgoesrawr 04-25-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotshot

Last time I was down there ( about a year or so ago) the boulders had been moved and the trail appeared to be open. I drove down in there a little ways, it's pretty much a boulder filled wash for a little ways in. I turned around where a downed tree was blocking the trail just after you get out of the wash.

Went went past that in my friends XJ last year. As far as I know it was open much past where we stopped and turned around. I'm sure ill be up an down there a few times this year.

Hotshot 04-25-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

Went went past that in my friends XJ last year. As far as I know it was open much past where we stopped and turned around. I'm sure ill be up an down there a few times this year.

A few more weeks and the campgrounds and trails should be open up there. I'm looking forward to taking my trailer up to Table Top this year.

DaK09 04-29-2013 06:29 AM

If you have a winch the tree can be moved or is it something you think the forest service put there to block the trail?

Michaelgoesrawr 04-29-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaK09
If you have a winch the tree can be moved or is it something you think the forest service put there to block the trail?

It's literally a 6-12" round tree. We just drove over it. Lol. Not very big at all. At least if its the one I'm thinking of. I'll try and get on the computer and grab some of the pictures I have.

Hotshot 04-29-2013 01:41 PM

Nah we must be talking about two different trees. The one I seen was huge. Could a jeep move it? Maybe? I coud've driven around it but because I was the only vehicle down there I figured it was a good place to turn around. I don't think it would be wise moving a tree in the national forest without permission anyways. If it had been blocking me in, I'd of moved it. Just wasn't the case. ;)

WOKNROX 05-15-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotshot (Post 15346945)
Last time I was down there ( about a year or so ago) the boulders had been moved and the trail appeared to be open. I drove down in there a little ways, it's pretty much a boulder filled wash for a little ways in. I turned around where a downed tree was blocking the trail just after you get out of the wash.

I like boulder filled washes ...ALOT...tell me more...where's it at and how do I get there..?
Thanx in advance ..


The time now is 07:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.