last minute runs, when you just want to hit the trails. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > last minute runs, when you just want to hit the trails.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #46
Quantumracer
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Went out to calico last weekend. Doran; up and down, Odessa and helped a couple of rigs down the gate keeper. We skipped wall street, but a bunch of us are camping and wheeling there again on the weekend of the 18th if anyone is interested. Should be a good time.

HOOYAH!!!
Dan

Quantumracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #47
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I did one of these last minute trips on Saturday. Took four pics because it was just two of us and I was leading most of the time.

Unread 05-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #48
Zjlimited94
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
I did one of these last minute trips on Saturday. Took four pics because it was just two of us and I was leading most of the time.
Were this at
Zjlimited94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #49
Quantumracer
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
That would suck, but wheelin beats sitting at home.

I'm heading up to big bear for the weekend. Should be 9 of us. I know jeep jamboree is going on this weekend, but I don't care......I gotta wheel!

HOOYAH!!!
Dan
Unread 05-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #50
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjlimited94 View Post
Were this at
Frank Raines park
Unread 05-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #51
Quantumracer
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wife and I are camping and wheeling big bear this weekend if anyone is interested.
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #52
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumracer
Wife and I are camping and wheeling big bear this weekend if anyone is interested.
Hey Dan if you see a good spot for me to park my toy hauler up there in BB on the 9th let me know where it's at. This weekend I'm probably going up to Tuttle Creek near Lone Pine. Was thinking BB would probably be jam packed for Memorial.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #53
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

The county closed the area where I liked to wheel "To keep the dust down". bull****. It's a water shed area behind a dam on New River. there's no dust. It's always muddy back there.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #54
Quantumracer
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

Hey Dan if you see a good spot for me to park my toy hauler up there in BB on the 9th let me know where it's at. This weekend I'm probably going up to Tuttle Creek near Lone Pine. Was thinking BB would probably be jam packed for Memorial.
Gary,

I thought the same thing on the weekend of jeep jamboree, but we didn't see more than four or five other rigs the whole weekend. Of course we didn't go to gold mountain, or run John bull, so they might have been there. I will keep an eye out for ya. The equestrian camping area has a ton of room for the hauler. I think it's on 3N16, but I will confirm for ya this weekend.
Unread 05-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #55
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumracer View Post
Gary,

I thought the same thing on the weekend of jeep jamboree, but we didn't see more than four or five other rigs the whole weekend. Of course we didn't go to gold mountain, or run John bull, so they might have been there. I will keep an eye out for ya. The equestrian camping area has a ton of room for the hauler. I think it's on 3N16, but I will confirm for ya this weekend.
My only concern is dragging it down a long ruff dirt road to get it to a spot.
Unread 05-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #56
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
The county closed the area where I liked to wheel "To keep the dust down". bull****. It's a water shed area behind a dam on New River. there's no dust. It's always muddy back there.
Billy, what area are you talking about?
Unread 05-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #57
Cherokid
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hungry Valley Saturday.

My son and I are planning on hitting Hungry Valley Saturday. Don't know what time yet... I just added gears, trac-loc and disco's to my new-to-me '89 Wrangler and my son and I are going to test in the play area and hit the easier stuff to get a feel for this thing. My 14 year old is jonezin to drive also so I'll let him take the wheel. Anyone wants to join in is welcome. We might bring our mountain bikes and see what else we can break. (brake BRAKE! :-O) I hope to have the mirrors relocated by then so we can go doorless.

Tony
Cherokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #58
Quantumracer
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

My only concern is dragging it down a long ruff dirt road to get it to a spot.
I've only come into that area via 3N14 which starts on the north side of the lake. I'm sure there is somewhere in that sleepy little town you can leave your rig. 3N14 is a little rough, but I towed the LJ on it with my Mercedes and it did great. I just took my time....no problems.

We changed our plans. Forecast low of 31 Friday and something like 38 on Saturday. Too cold for us to camp. We're going to hit the Miller run.
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #59
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I've only come into that area via 3N14 which starts on the north side of the lake. I'm sure there is somewhere in that sleepy little town you can leave your rig. 3N14 is a little rough, but I towed the LJ on it with my Mercedes and it did great. I just took my time....no problems.

We changed our plans. Forecast low of 31 Friday and something like 38 on Saturday. Too cold for us to camp. We're going to hit the Miller run.
Yeah the wind was blowing pretty good up here in the desert out of the north the last couple of days, bringing in some cooler temps. I imagine it'll be just as cool over near Gorman? Have a good time over there.
Unread 05-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #60
c-manxj
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Might be interested. Dates and planned trails?

USMC
c-manxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.