last minute runs, when you just want to hit the trails. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 135 Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Quantumracer
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rowlett
Posts: 143
Went out to calico last weekend. Doran; up and down, Odessa and helped a couple of rigs down the gate keeper. We skipped wall street, but a bunch of us are camping and wheeling there again on the weekend of the 18th if anyone is interested. Should be a good time.

HOOYAH!!!
Dan

Quantumracer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 135 Old 05-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon
Posts: 20,368
I did one of these last minute trips on Saturday. Took four pics because it was just two of us and I was leading most of the time.


Luck Favours The Prepared
Anticanman is offline  
post #48 of 135 Old 05-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Zjlimited94
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LA county
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
I did one of these last minute trips on Saturday. Took four pics because it was just two of us and I was leading most of the time.
Were this at
Zjlimited94 is offline  
post #49 of 135 Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Quantumracer
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rowlett
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
I did one of these last minute trips on Saturday. Took four pics because it was just two of us and I was leading most of the time.
That would suck, but wheelin beats sitting at home.

I'm heading up to big bear for the weekend. Should be 9 of us. I know jeep jamboree is going on this weekend, but I don't care......I gotta wheel!

HOOYAH!!!
Dan
Quantumracer is offline  
post #50 of 135 Old 05-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon
Posts: 20,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjlimited94 View Post
Were this at
Frank Raines park

Luck Favours The Prepared
Anticanman is offline  
post #51 of 135 Old 05-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Quantumracer
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rowlett
Posts: 143
Wife and I are camping and wheeling big bear this weekend if anyone is interested.
Quantumracer is offline  
post #52 of 135 Old 05-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Hotshot
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan
Posts: 7,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumracer
Wife and I are camping and wheeling big bear this weekend if anyone is interested.
Hey Dan if you see a good spot for me to park my toy hauler up there in BB on the 9th let me know where it's at. This weekend I'm probably going up to Tuttle Creek near Lone Pine. Was thinking BB would probably be jam packed for Memorial.
Hotshot is offline  
post #53 of 135 Old 05-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Billy
Web Wheeler
 
Billy's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Surprise
Posts: 1,801
The county closed the area where I liked to wheel "To keep the dust down". bull****. It's a water shed area behind a dam on New River. there's no dust. It's always muddy back there.

Everyone IS out to get you, if you just believe in yourself and try hard enough!
Billy is offline  
post #54 of 135 Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Quantumracer
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rowlett
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

Hey Dan if you see a good spot for me to park my toy hauler up there in BB on the 9th let me know where it's at. This weekend I'm probably going up to Tuttle Creek near Lone Pine. Was thinking BB would probably be jam packed for Memorial.
Gary,

I thought the same thing on the weekend of jeep jamboree, but we didn't see more than four or five other rigs the whole weekend. Of course we didn't go to gold mountain, or run John bull, so they might have been there. I will keep an eye out for ya. The equestrian camping area has a ton of room for the hauler. I think it's on 3N16, but I will confirm for ya this weekend.
Quantumracer is offline  
post #55 of 135 Old 05-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Hotshot
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan
Posts: 7,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumracer View Post
Gary,

I thought the same thing on the weekend of jeep jamboree, but we didn't see more than four or five other rigs the whole weekend. Of course we didn't go to gold mountain, or run John bull, so they might have been there. I will keep an eye out for ya. The equestrian camping area has a ton of room for the hauler. I think it's on 3N16, but I will confirm for ya this weekend.
My only concern is dragging it down a long ruff dirt road to get it to a spot.
Hotshot is offline  
post #56 of 135 Old 05-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Hotshot
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan
Posts: 7,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
The county closed the area where I liked to wheel "To keep the dust down". bull****. It's a water shed area behind a dam on New River. there's no dust. It's always muddy back there.
Billy, what area are you talking about?
Hotshot is offline  
post #57 of 135 Old 05-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Cherokid
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 74
Hungry Valley Saturday.

My son and I are planning on hitting Hungry Valley Saturday. Don't know what time yet... I just added gears, trac-loc and disco's to my new-to-me '89 Wrangler and my son and I are going to test in the play area and hit the easier stuff to get a feel for this thing. My 14 year old is jonezin to drive also so I'll let him take the wheel. Anyone wants to join in is welcome. We might bring our mountain bikes and see what else we can break. (brake BRAKE! :-O) I hope to have the mirrors relocated by then so we can go doorless.

Tony
Cherokid is offline  
post #58 of 135 Old 05-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Quantumracer
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rowlett
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

My only concern is dragging it down a long ruff dirt road to get it to a spot.
I've only come into that area via 3N14 which starts on the north side of the lake. I'm sure there is somewhere in that sleepy little town you can leave your rig. 3N14 is a little rough, but I towed the LJ on it with my Mercedes and it did great. I just took my time....no problems.

We changed our plans. Forecast low of 31 Friday and something like 38 on Saturday. Too cold for us to camp. We're going to hit the Miller run.
Quantumracer is offline  
post #59 of 135 Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Hotshot
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phelan
Posts: 7,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumracer

I've only come into that area via 3N14 which starts on the north side of the lake. I'm sure there is somewhere in that sleepy little town you can leave your rig. 3N14 is a little rough, but I towed the LJ on it with my Mercedes and it did great. I just took my time....no problems.

We changed our plans. Forecast low of 31 Friday and something like 38 on Saturday. Too cold for us to camp. We're going to hit the Miller run.
Yeah the wind was blowing pretty good up here in the desert out of the north the last couple of days, bringing in some cooler temps. I imagine it'll be just as cool over near Gorman? Have a good time over there.
Hotshot is offline  
post #60 of 135 Old 05-23-2012, 11:54 PM
c-manxj
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Camp Pendleton
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumracer
Wife and I are camping and wheeling big bear this weekend if anyone is interested.
Might be interested. Dates and planned trails?

1994 Cherokee SE
a few mods here and there

USMC
c-manxj is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome