last minute runs, when you just want to hit the trails. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > last minute runs, when you just want to hit the trails.

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 03-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
Horaciosan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

last minute runs, when you just want to hit the trails.

I'm making this trend for us that make no plans and just get up and go.

Horaciosan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
jpthrils
1994 XJ Cherokee 

i would if...

i knew where to go and if my jeep was trail worthy (not where i want it yet)
jpthrils is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Emolas
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I miss SoCal... Wake up one morning, pack a lunch and head east for some random wheeling.

Can't do that around here, all the land is owned, posted, and/or too heavily forested.
Emolas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This thread was a good idea Horaciosan.

I make it a point to find a trail or make one almost every weekend. Usually Friday night I start looking at my map trying to figure out where i'm gonna go Saturday morning. Some of the places I go don't turn out to be all that exciting but I figure any day in the jeep is a good day.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Horaciosan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot
This thread was a good idea Horaciosan.

I make it a point to find a trail or make one almost every weekend. Usually Friday night I start looking at my map trying to figure out where i'm gonna go Saturday morning. Some of the places I go doesnt turn out to be all that exciting but I figure any day in the jeep is a good day.
I was hopeing ppl will like it . I'm always doing last minute trips to cleghorn or any dirt trail that looks good.
Horaciosan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

When Miller opens end of May; you'll have that one, Yellow Jacket and trails 118, 119, 111, 112, 113..easy/moderate wheeling and camping. We'll go all the time Those trails are good for all weekend or day runs..
IH8RDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFNHUG View Post
When Miller opens end of May; you'll have that one, Yellow Jacket and trails 118, 119, 111, 112, 113..easy/moderate wheeling and camping. We'll go all the time Those trails are good for all weekend or day runs..
Where are these trails Lorie?
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
herculz
2010 JK Wrangler 

I usually take palm ave north off 215 and take it till pavement runs out and end up somewhere around silverwood lake. Some nice little trails that u notice after u get the with no turn around.
herculz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I went up there a couple weeks ago. Stayed to the left and came out at Silverwood lake. Next time I'll go to the right.
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Where are these trails Lorie?
In the Gorman area. I am not talking about Hungry Valley, but you have that option as well out there..

I'm talking about places off the 5 N in the Gorman area..off Cuddy Road. Miller Jeep Trail, of course, is off Lockwood. Trails 118, 119, 111, 112, 113 have HUGE, tall pine trees and bushy green plants and wildlife. I've seen deer, hawks, hords of butterflies, wolverine...it's gorgeous...

For you, it'd be around an hour and a half-2 hours. That's nothing compared to what I do for Calico at least once a month..a lot of times twice a month. That's a 3.5 hour drive for me....and Completely worth it. Be back out there on the 29th-april 1st.
Unread 03-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #11
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks I haven't been on any trails around frazier park. Yeah we'll be out in Calico for IDTT aslo.
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #12
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFNHUG View Post
In the Gorman area. I am not talking about Hungry Valley, but you have that option as well out there..

I'm talking about places off the 5 N in the Gorman area..off Cuddy Road. Miller Jeep Trail, of course, is off Lockwood. Trails 118, 119, 111, 112, 113 have HUGE, tall pine trees and bushy green plants and wildlife. I've seen deer, hawks, hords of butterflies, wolverine...it's gorgeous...

For you, it'd be around an hour and a half-2 hours. That's nothing compared to what I do for Calico at least once a month..a lot of times twice a month. That's a 3.5 hour drive for me....and Completely worth it. Be back out there on the 29th-april 1st.

I heard a couple of my jeeping buddy's saying something about a Cougar running around Calico last time we were out there.
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #13
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
I heard a couple of my jeeping buddy's saying something about a Cougar running around Calico last time we were out there.
Cougar huh?? Sure they just didn't have too much Honey? I have yet to see anything with 4 legs and fur running around out there....and I've spent Many weekends there..
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #14
Hotshot
2005 TJ Wrangler 

They came back with broken windows and muttering something about Cougars on the trail.
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #15
IH8RDS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Where's the pics? I totally remember! Odessa will bite you in the a$$ if you're not careful!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.