Last Chance Canyon/Nightmare run Oct 20 - Page 28 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Last Chance Canyon/Nightmare run Oct 20

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #406
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg View Post
i'm not sure... i want to say no? It's not a stock driveshaft, I had it made from a driveshaft place, but it looks like it's only one CV joint on it? It has my name on it too

as for the shifter, it sits super low right now due to the 1.5" body lift, i actually have an extension on the shifter itself so i can reach it easily... i'm thinking it might just go back to factory location once raising the tranny, who knows.
you ever drive that rig on the highway in 4L because your left leg gets too tired?

clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #407
kurt765

Glad you guys enjoyed my pics. It was fun! I don't have a jeep (I have a bright red xterra 4x) but I learned a lot from riding along and watching the way everyone was driving and using their lockers, etc. Maybe if I get some armor on my xterra I can come along haha.

-Kurt
kurt765 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #408
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt765 View Post
Glad you guys enjoyed my pics. It was fun! I don't have a jeep (I have a bright red xterra 4x) but I learned a lot from riding along and watching the way everyone was driving and using their lockers, etc. Maybe if I get some armor on my xterra I can come along haha.

-Kurt
No...
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #409
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
No...
He'll make it! That other Xterra did pretty good
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #410
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt765 View Post

-Kurt
no lockers here. Or armor.... you'd be fine!

i did get a couple scrapes... gas tank skid, pass. side frame, and rear shock mount, all of which were fixed with a little rustoleum semi gloss
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #411
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
you ever drive that rig on the highway in 4L because your left leg gets too tired?

i hate you. Its a good idea!! stay in the california section!!!
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #412
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg View Post
no lockers here. Or armor.... you'd be fine!
Yea, on trails like these, a locker or two aren't really required. But they make some of the bonus points easier

Get some rocker sliders Greg, you'll probably be wanting them soon
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #413
kurt765

Sliders are #1 on my list really. If I had that at least, I'd feel better about a lot of stuff. Mine has a factory installed rear locker. I think there are some sort of factory skids in a few places, but more armor doesn't hurt.
kurt765 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #414
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
Yea, on trails like these, a locker or two aren't really required. But they make some of the bonus points easier

Get some rocker sliders Greg, you'll probably be wanting them soon

yeah those are on my mile long list of needs/wants. Gary's stockers will be good for me for the time being... just gotta find the hardware for them.

i also read that all aftermarket sliders require seperate drilled holes from the factory rubicon sliders, which i'll have to drill for already. That means if i do the rubi sliders, then decide to upgrade later i'll be drilling two seperate sets of holes
Unread 10-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #415
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

get used to drilling holes, haha!

I actually just picked up a new Dewalt 20 volt drill, I figured as often as I've been drilling holes, It would be nice to have a second drill, and one that's more powerful. I don't really need to change bits to often when I'm working on the jeep, but when I'm working on furniture, I'm constantly switching back and forth between a few drill bits, having a second drill will be handy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.