King Of The Hammers 2010 Race Volunteer Staff Needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > King Of The Hammers 2010 Race Volunteer Staff Needed

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

King Of The Hammers 2010 Race Volunteer Staff Needed

For those who'd like to participate as a volunteer for KOH 2010, the race is quickly coming upon us. In light of this, KOH 2010 is in need of several volunteers who'd like to commit their time and talents.

The race itself is on Friday, Feb 12th, with lots of other events going on prior to the race that could use assistance. Info can be found here. If you can not make the whole week, no problem. Volunteer for day(s) that you can make.

King of the Hammers

King Of The Hammers :: Index

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673087

Last year, I volunteered and had a complete blast! Along with several other volunteers, our group worked Check Point #1, plus traffic control at a race crossing where support staff delivered parts.

If you have no experiance, no worries. If you haven't been there before, no worries. We'll assist getting you oriented, supply you with whatever is needed, and put to work. I plan on being there the entire week.

PM me your phone/contact number if you'd like to talk about it. Otherwise, sign-up on the KOH Board & let me know we can count on you.

Thanks,
Joe

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I might just send you a PM Joe

Its right in my backyard if its the place just by victorville, well south of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hi Ari I got your PM, thanks. Hope to see ya' out there. I'll call you soon.

The Johnson Valley/Hammers area is near Boone Rd & Hwy 247. Which is ~46 miles east of Victorville or ~20 miles north of Yucca Valley.
Unread 01-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am interested on coming along and being a spectator.
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #5
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRR View Post
I am interested on coming along and being a spectator.
You'll have a blast!
Unread 01-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #6
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
You'll have a blast!
is it like a show up and start watching or do we have to buy ticket to view the race?
Unread 01-03-2010, 11:53 PM   #7
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

As far as I know, it'll be free like the previous two years have been.

Last year the course was ~85 miles long IIRC. So, once the course info is released (it's held secret till just before the race) you can pick wherever you wish to be, get there EXTRA early, and have some fun.

If you'd like to see multiple race areas, that's possible too within reason.

Be advised, if you wish to be at a place where there's bound to be plenty of action (EG: the plaque on Sledgehammer) you will need to park & hike in. Expect plenty of company to be there as well, plus, pack it in, pack it out.
Unread 01-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for all your info.... I hope I can came it looks so
I have been to Baja 500,1000 for a couple of year already, and this does not look anything like Baja Racing
Unread 01-04-2010, 12:02 AM   #9
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yep, it's different in lots of ways.

Free pits, chat with the drivers & pit crews, drive the course yourself prior to the race etc.

We plan on playing in JV & driving several of the rock trails prior to the race.
Unread 01-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #10
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

sounds like fun, give me the info on the time your getting there to see if I meed you guys over there
Unread 01-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #11
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Update:

If folks would like to assist with the Film Crew Transportation team, there is a need for volunteers in that area as well. This is what I'll be doing this year.
Unread 01-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Update:

If folks would like to assist with the Film Crew Transportation team, there is a need for volunteers in that area as well. This is what I'll be doing this year.
Hey Joe! You mentionned that I should contact a marc on Pirate4x4 I was wondering if you had that link I should follow

With the experience I have I'd sure like to contact him directly to see if there is anything particular he could use me for on the film crew.

I talked to my school and they said for an event of this magnitude I could easily request days off and not be negatively impacted because of it as long as I speak to all my instructors this monday!!

So hit me up with a PM or if the link helps every interested in film post it here! Thanks again so much Joe, and paul might come out with me to the event!! Its gonna be a blast
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #13
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the delay getting you the links Ari.

Here's a link to the KOH Board. It's mainly geared towards racers, organization, logistics etc. Register there & go to the General Discussion area & post-up in the Volunteer sign-up thread. Ensure you mention volunteering for Marks crew.

Also, PM Mark Matthews on the KOH board. He's the Admin for the board. Ask him to grant you access to the Logistics portion of the forum

King Of The Hammers :: Index

Here's the Film Crew Transportation thread from Pirate. Register there too if you have not already & post-up there as well. Mark goes by Turtle Truck on Pirate.

KOH 2010, Film Transport Volunteers Needed! - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

I gave Mark your cell number - but he's a busy man although he'll probably call you soon. I'll PM you his cell number - he's really looking forward to talking with you. Or anybody else who'd like to volunteer for that matter.

When you get my PM with Marks number, don't hesitate to call him soon as long as it's at a reasonable hour. Thanks!
Unread 01-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #14
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'll have to try to schedule some time off next year for this. I'd love to come down there and help out, maybe I could get some other NorCal guys too.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #15
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
I'll have to try to schedule some time off next year for this. I'd love to come down there and help out, maybe I could get some other NorCal guys too.
That'd be awesome! We could always use some extra help and the volunteers are treated very well. The event has grown very fast over the last 3 years. Each year it gets more & more involved with lots of additions and fun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.