Kern County wheelers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Kern County wheelers

Steinjager TJ tube doorsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
Toycrawler1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Kern County wheelers

where you at? Lets here from you, whatcha got? wheeling spots, etc...

Ill start.

Im in Tehachapi and have a 72 FJ40 currently being built and just picked up a 95 YJ that im building in to a mild wheeler for my daughter

I've gone to the hammers and Calico but thats about it.

Toycrawler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
GOATKrawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

brand new out here running a 05 rubicon unlimited on 33s pretty much wheeled a lot of arizona and camped even more higher alts there. cant wait to get out on some trails here BUT ima need someone to show me the ropes how to get to all the good trails! so any takers out theres pm me ill be more available later into nov. but still super excited to get back out there.
GOATKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
Toycrawler1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bump it up. I know there's more of you out there.
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah were out here, but I personally have had to go 2wd!
I had to sell both my 92 YJ, and my 97 Ram 4X4....no money, and lots of expenses at the house.
I do still have my 01 XJ, but as I said it is 2wd. I was up on the Kern Plateau last week, up to Big Meadow,
Horse Meadow, and over to the Rattlesnake trail.
NICE!
Out of the 110 degree heat here, and trees for a change!
Have you wheeled near Freeman Pass? I saw some trails going off to the Chimney Peak area.
Looked like they were interesting.

I am usually exploring around Red Rock/Last Chance, so since that is close, you could look there, although it is hotter than a frying pan this time of year!

My old YJ....

[IMG][/IMG]
slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #5
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well I am in Ridgecrest not too far from you and this time of year we head to the hills to get out of the heat.
Just did the Inyo Crest trail to Cerro Gordo, it was a blast but very warm even at 9110 feet!
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
Toycrawler1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like fun
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #7
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes it was and made for a long day. I towed my YJ to the trailhead in Swansea cause I don't have AC in it, we left town at 8 am and got on the trail about 10 am and by 930 pm I was back at my truck hooking it back up for the drive home. finally got home and un-loaded at 1115 pm which made for a very long day but it was so worth it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.