Just got pulled over in fullerton CA - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Just got pulled over in fullerton CA

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 01-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #31
hawk3ye
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Fran. East Bay, CA
Posts: 407
I disagree, the "permanent" fix is to get some removable truck mudflaps, pop them on when you're running around to and from your trail and then take them off.

Getting another set of fenders altogether for one fix-it tickets seems to be over doing it.

FYI, I'm running 4" Metal Cloaks with 33s without incident...hell, I'm even thinking about running around with out them just because I like the fender less look so much

__________________
There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. - Ansel Adams

Bay Area JP Club
hawk3ye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #32
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler
 
NBMgreg's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk3ye View Post
I disagree, the "permanent" fix is to get some removable truck mudflaps, pop them on when you're running around to and from your trail and then take them off.

Getting another set of fenders altogether for one fix-it tickets seems to be over doing it.

FYI, I'm running 4" Metal Cloaks with 33s without incident...hell, I'm even thinking about running around with out them just because I like the fender less look so much
no way in hell i'm running around with mudflaps lol.

I was planning on doing fenders next anyways.
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #33
PhantomWJ
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: IE
Posts: 3,246
Your Problem: Wrangler

Your SOLUTION: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #34
MusicMaverick
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk3ye View Post
I disagree, the "permanent" fix is to get some removable truck mudflaps, pop them on when you're running around to and from your trail and then take them off.

Getting another set of fenders altogether for one fix-it tickets seems to be over doing it.

FYI, I'm running 4" Metal Cloaks with 33s without incident...hell, I'm even thinking about running around with out them just because I like the fender less look so much
See, its not really one fix-it ticket. That would be solving the current issue at hand... A perm fix is to make sure you don't get another... I'm always a fan of not giving our bankrupt state any opportunity to stop me.

Agreed, mud flaps belong on dual-lys and tractor trailers.... A nice set of extended fender flares would be cool... And they're off your back after that.
__________________
Currently: '14 JKU

Past vehicles: '92 YJ, '97 TJ, '10 JK
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #35
IWaveAtNight
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino Hills, California
Posts: 37
Hey I had this happen to me, and i put $20 rubber mud flaps on from walmart or something, just screwed them behind the rear wheels, sticking out past the wheel. Was extremely ugly, but they signed off on it at the station near my house in Chino Hills. A couple of days later the flaps had mysteriously disappeared. It's only quotas that do this to us, most cops really don't care about tires sticking out even though yes technically if they do it is illegal.
__________________
*|||||||*
Elliot
IWaveAtNight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #36
dirtman13
Registered User
2007 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk3ye View Post
I disagree, the "permanent" fix is to get some removable truck mudflaps, pop them on when you're running around to and from your trail and then take them off.
That is the right fix. That is what they site you for. It's the same reason big rigs have them. To prevent rocks from being thown up from the tires. Or stay out of Fullerton.
dirtman13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #37
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler
 
NBMgreg's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,931
well i work in fullerton so that's not an option lol.

i plan on making some flappage this weekend.
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #38
timatoe
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 13,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWaveAtNight View Post
It's only quotas that do this to us, most cops really don't care about tires sticking out even though yes technically if they do it is illegal.
#1 No such thing as quotas, in fact they're illegal.

#2 "Technically" you get a ticket because they're illegal, not any other reason. Some cops are far more strict about the "letter of the law" than others. Simple as that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #39
mbybee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado, CO
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
#1 No such thing as quotas, in fact they're illegal.

#2 "Technically" you get a ticket because they're illegal, not any other reason. Some cops are far more strict about the "letter of the law" than others. Simple as that.
CA Cops seem bored - I have been there and had a cop just walk down a line of traffic giving every single car a ticket.
Mine was for tint (which I didn't even have, it got dropped when I went in).

I recommend moving
mbybee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #40
timatoe
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 13,707
Happens, I've seen cops in other states throw a guy through a glass door at Denny's cause he was too drunk to walk. Bad apples in every profession.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #41
mbybee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Colorado, CO
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Happens, I've seen cops in other states throw a guy through a glass door at Denny's cause he was too drunk to walk. Bad apples in every profession.
Holy crap, did they get an ambulance?
mbybee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:47 AM   #42
timatoe
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 13,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbybee View Post
Holy crap, did they get an ambulance?
No, he got a ride in the back of a patrol car to jail. I left that department shortly after, it was really a sad place to be. I became a cop in CA and was apparently naive that those types of things actually happen but they do. Fortunately it's not a wide spread thing and that place seems to by far be the exception rather than the rule.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #43
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler
 
NBMgreg's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbybee View Post
CA Cops seem bored - I have been there and had a cop just walk down a line of traffic giving every single car a ticket.
Mine was for tint (which I didn't even have, it got dropped when I went in).

I recommend moving

I lived in AZ for 15 years before moving here, cops there are no better lol
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #44
NBMgreg
Web Wheeler
 
NBMgreg's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,931
I made a post about this on LS1Tech at the same time, had a dude PM me offering to take care of it... for a low price of $60. I laughed.
NBMgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #45
PlaneJob
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dallas (Wylie), Texas
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Bad apples in every profession.
A person who can't punctuate and conjugate should not teach English.

A person who cannot obey the law should not be a law enforcement officer.

Period.
PlaneJob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.