Jeepers at/around Vandenberg and Lompoc - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Jeepers at/around Vandenberg and Lompoc

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeepers at/around Vandenberg and Lompoc

Hey all, I'm moving out to Vandenberg AFB in May, and I was wondering what sorts of trails I might find around/how close they are. I figured that since it's a military base/area there might be quite a few Jeep guys

Survivalist Club Member #26
carsonvogt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

bump 10char
Unread 03-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
06rubicon
1998 ZJ 

Carson, I live in Tehachapi but work in Santa Maria and VAFB. Lots of Jeep guys at my work and Tehachapi area is Jeep country, look up Last chance canyon, nightmare gulch, Johnson Valley. Locally (VAFB) there are a few good trails but mostly you need to travel a little. Take a look at the Stairsteps near Pozo and Garcia Ridge. West Camino Cielo is really scenic but very easy. Rockfront ranch has some cool trails as well.

Welcome to the area,

Mark
06rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

There are a couple of us to your North (San Luis Obispo and Arroyo Grande).

I also recommend Garcia Ridge.
2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Blkdvll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, thanks for the replies. I had all but given up on the thread. I'll definitely be checking these places out. Johnson Valley is pretty far from VAFB though, isn't it?
Unread 04-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #6
Code3racing
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm new to the Lompoc area too. I just got here in July. Seen a few jeeps around and got a few waves but that's about it. Would definitely be interested in doing some runs.

Mike
Code3racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Mike, Yeah, I'll be there this May, though they have yet to tell me where I'll be living. Definitely be working at Vandenberg. It'd be great to get some folks together to do the occasional run. We'll have to keep in contact.
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #8
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/...-coast-789256/

We are about an hour to your north...
2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Unread 04-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #9
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

posted
Unread 05-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #10
HtNRun
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just bought a 2005 TJ. I'm new to jeeping and want to start going on rides. I'm in Santa Maria and work on Vandenberg. I've got nothing but time, and last minute runs are fine w/ me.
HtNRun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 01:44 AM   #11
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice, yeah, I'm down to wheel anytime regardless of jeeping experience. Just having other people to go with makes it much more fun. How long have you been there?
Unread 05-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
HtNRun
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Been here since January. My jeep is pretty much stock with 31x10.50s. Thinking of maybe hitting Rockfront this weekend just for something to do if anyone else is up. Supposed to be an easy trail, but that's how bored I am.
HtNRun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #13
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, Anyone interested in hitting a trail this weekend?? haven't been on any yet, and I've finally got the jeep down here. I've only really heard of the big falls 'trail' though.
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #14
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Hey guys, check out this thread. Would be nice to have everything in one spot

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/...-coast-789256/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.