Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jeep upgrades and repairs

15K views 254 replies 13 participants last post by  bobthetj03 
#1 ·
I thought I would create a new thread for Jeep upgrades and repaires, Jeep trailers and camp trailer, so we don't derail people trying to organize trail runs.
Working on your Jeep or trailer? Share it with others. We all learn a little from other people working on their rigs.

#6 ·
Thanks! Originally I planned to use 33x12.50's on it. Since I was going to have to replaced the bent up and cracked OEM fenders anyway. But after I replaced the 66 y/o tube tires and wheels on her with some I picked up at Pick n Pull. They turned out to be the perfect match for the ride height behind my CJ. Now all I need to do is buy a pair of 15x7 Eagle Alcoa rims to match my CJ.
I need to take some new photos of it now with the Roto-Pax racks and I made up some short side boards for it, also bows for a canvas cover.

#9 ·
I will post up some photos as soon as I can hook it up and drag it out in the open. I just finished converting it to a receiver and ordered my 3-axis hitch today. ;)

Great idea bed lining the fenders. I am going to do that but underside only. I am not a fan of the exterior surfaces bed lined. I did bed line the inside on the bed floor and the tail gate inside.

#15 ·
That rack looks good! As far as repairs go, I have a list a mile long for this last month! Next on the upgrade list is a gas can rack for the tire carrier I built. The plan is to make it removable with only one bolt and for it to hold one of my 5 gallon fuel/water cans. Hopefully I get some time after work this evening to build it.

#17 ·
The gas can rack will be a great thing to have. I'm going to take a little extra on the Snow Mountain run on the 22. There are some trails to explore right out of camp. The Jeep made the whole trip on one tank towing a small trailer but will be nice to have extra gas to explore with.

#19 ·
This is my modification hahahaha. I had to cut the top hitch on the double stack hitch extender at a 45 degree angle so I could us my bike rack and hauler around my spare tire... haha, I cut it, ground it down, and painted it, looks better than new, and now I can shut my tailgate lol

Attachments

#26 ·
Not one of the prettiest things I've built, but it should hold a gas can! Once the paint dries all the way I'll get a pic of it mounted up. It clips on to my tire swing and is self supporting, it has one bolt that is just there to keep it from rattling around. It can be installed or removed as fast as you can tighten a bolt.

Attachments

#28 ·
Until the paint falls off my gas can! I use water cans and spray paint them red, it's the same can except it has a vent in the back and doesn't have one of the stupid carb approved spouts on it. The rack will work just fine, but it was kind of a rushed deal. I only had stainless steel wire for the welder, so the welds are strong, just not pretty. I also forgot my tape measure and just had to eye ball everything. Once I get time (yeah right) to do it the way I want, I plan to re make the whole tire swing and gas can rack out of aluminum. I also need to build some sliders one of these days, basically I just need to find a way to get paid to stay home and work on my projects.

#31 ·
Casey.... it looks great. Looks like you are ready for the 22nd. Do you leave the top on your Jeep all year>

I just picked up the Jeep trailer today from having the top sprayed with the bed liner. It didn't have a top when I got the trailer.

Attachments

#33 ·
It's very rare that I don't have one of the two tops on it. I ride my harley 90% of the time, so if I'm driving the jeep on the road, it's usually because I need something with a roof. When I'm out on the trail I usually keep the top on because I like my AC and hate dust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.