Jeep upgrades and repairs - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Jeep upgrades and repairs

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #91
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomars View Post
Looks great Jim!! But I don't follow the "fat arse" comment???
A skinny dude thinks he is fat???? That's funny!

Anyway nice rack Jim
LOL, Thanks Rich! I guess I carry it well. I can stand to lose a few lbs. To many of these I think!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #92
jkthomps
2012 JK Wrangler 

Oh and it looks awesome!
jkthomps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #93
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomps View Post
Haha a skinny guy who thinks he is fat with a nice rack lol hahaha lake county guys... just never know lol
Hey, you're the one that lives in Fruit Loopville!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #94
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
LOL, Thanks Rich! I guess I carry it well. I can stand to lose a few lbs. To many of these I think!
If you really want a test I'll get my arse up there ....that would be a test
I need to lose more than a few lbs.
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #95
jkthomps
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post

Hey, you're the one that lives in Fruit Loopville!
The San Francisco treat
jkthomps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #96
Villageidiot13
2010 JK Wrangler 

Well... i jacked up the back of the jeep, blocked front tires, and put it in neutral. Then i took a paper clip and stuck it on the drive shaft at 6 o'clock. I counted the revolutions of the shaft as i spun the tire. Well, now i know..... im running 373's in my differentials. In case im being monitored by someone other than the NSA or homeland security it close to being on topic ...
Villageidiot13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #97
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageidiot13 View Post
Well... i jacked up the back of the jeep, blocked front tires, and put it in neutral. Then i took a paper clip and stuck it on the drive shaft at 6 o'clock. I counted the revolutions of the shaft as i spun the tire. Well, now i know..... im running 373's in my differentials. In case im being monitored by someone other than the NSA or homeland security it close to being on topic ...
Cool, better than you thought Jesse. I would not be worrying about the NSA or DHS, the real worry is certain moderators
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #98
Villageidiot13
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Cool, better than you thought Jesse. I would not be worrying about the NSA or DHS, the real worry is certain moderators
Yup :-) the other threads got silent.... i miss the chat! Hhhmmm on topic stuff now.... i put purple stuff in my tc case
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #99
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Yup :-) the other threads got silent.... i miss the chat! Hhhmmm on topic stuff now.... i put purple stuff in my tc case
Yeah I took myself out of the slick rock thread. I'm not playing those games with the moderators.

Cool how do you like it? Do you Notice any difference?
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #100
Villageidiot13
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Yeah I took myself out of the slick rock thread. I'm not playing those games with the moderators.

Cool how do you like it? Do you Notice any difference?
I didnt change anything on the gears just figured out what I've been running is all. Buying it used and knowing squat about wheelin at the time o didnt know what i had
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #101
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
I didnt change anything on the gears just figured out what I've been running is all. Buying it used and knowing squat about wheelin at the time o didnt know what i had
I meant the royal purple
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #102
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

Putting together an expedition trailer, using a 1988 Packmule as the base. Realize every thread is worthless without pics. It is likely to be a long project given the lack of time available.

Picking it up in gold country, kind of different than other packmule's I have seen in that it has shovel, axe and high-lift jack holders on the front.

The trailer itself

Mocked up the trailer with 35's and pintler rims. This is so I only have to carry one spare.

I looked at just adding shocks to the leaf springs for dampening but decided to go with the Timbren axle-less suspension instead. The parts should be showing up soon, I will also add electric brakes at that time as well. Here is a youtube of the suspension. This suspension adds a 4" lift and extends the spindles to run larger tires. It is built on 3500 lbs spindles but a 2000 lb suspension. I'll go with a lock n roll hitch system once I know how high it will sit.

After the suspension is on, without an axle I am hoping to fit a 18 gallon water tank underneath between the frame rails. If not I'll have to put it inside the trailer. I plan on adding a harbor freight tongue box to hold two batteries a charger etc. to run a pump for the water tank.
http://www.harborfreight.com/35-inch...box-66244.html

The batteries will also run a ARB 50 qt fridge/freezer that will be installed inside the trailer. I got some 3" angle iron and cut it to 48" and bought some heavy-duty 48" slides and will put a deck in so that the entire floor will slide out allowing access to the fridge and other gear inside. Once the deck is in I can see how large of a propane tank will fit to run the stove and hot water shower, etc.

I need to add a top rail system to hold the roof top tent. I'll be going with the Tepui Kukeman Sky model, thankfully they are in Santa Cruz so I can just go drive down and pick it up when I am ready. For the price they offer the best features. http://www.tepuitents.com/models/kukenam-sky-tent.html

I'll keep posting pics as I get significant things done. lowranger yours was the inspiration and thanks for posting the link to the packmule I ended up buying. I will be replacing the rusted jerry cans with Nato style cans and frontrunner holders.

Expedition portal has some real good write-ups of trailer builds that fueled some of the other ideas. Hopefully I'll see you on a run with it someday.
BoarderMX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #103
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I like my Pack Mule trailer! I put a 2,000 lb torsion axle under mine, works great! Was the trailer you just bought on craigslist? I think I saw it one there.
It looks great with the new wheels on it!
lowranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #104
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oops! I just read the rest of your post. Glad I could help out. Looking good!
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #105
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just finished the top on mine and put a rail around it. Gas shocks hold it up. I'll post some pictures of it soon. Had the top and rail bed lined.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.