Jeep upgrades and repairs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Jeep upgrades and repairs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 06-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #16
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I like that basket lowranger. As you know, your cargo rack setup gave me ideas to make my own, so I've stolen some of your ideas. I'm working on the basket and cross bars.

100_0960.jpg   p1050770.jpg  

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbcasey View Post
That rack looks good! As far as repairs go, I have a list a mile long for this last month! Next on the upgrade list is a gas can rack for the tire carrier I built. The plan is to make it removable with only one bolt and for it to hold one of my 5 gallon fuel/water cans. Hopefully I get some time after work this evening to build it.
The gas can rack will be a great thing to have. I'm going to take a little extra on the Snow Mountain run on the 22. There are some trails to explore right out of camp. The Jeep made the whole trip on one tank towing a small trailer but will be nice to have extra gas to explore with.
lowranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #18
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I like that basket lowranger. As you know, your cargo rack setup gave me ideas to make my own, so I've stolen some of your ideas. I'm working on the basket and cross bars.
Good looking set up Jimbob! Hey....that's what it's all about, getting ideas from other Jeeps. Are you going to paint it black or paint it white to match your Jeep?
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #19
jkthomps
2012 JK Wrangler 

This is my modification hahahaha. I had to cut the top hitch on the double stack hitch extender at a 45 degree angle so I could us my bike rack and hauler around my spare tire... haha, I cut it, ground it down, and painted it, looks better than new, and now I can shut my tailgate lol
jeep.jpg  
jkthomps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #20
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomps View Post
This is my modification hahahaha. I had to cut the top hitch on the double stack hitch extender at a 45 degree angle so I could us my bike rack and hauler around my spare tire... haha, I cut it, ground it down, and painted it, looks better than new, and now I can shut my tailgate lol
Looks good Jimbo!
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #21
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowranger View Post
Good looking set up Jimbob! Hey....that's what it's all about, getting ideas from other Jeeps. Are you going to paint it black or paint it white to match your Jeep?
My welds are pretty ugly, so I'll probably paint everything with Rustoleum truck bed coating black. Hides a lot of sin. Rear cross bar mounted and measuring for the risers for the front cross bar.
p1050771.jpg  

www.norcal-jeeps.com
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #22
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My welds are pretty ugly, so I'll probably paint everything with Rustoleum truck bed coating black. Hides a lot of sin. Rear cross bar mounted and measuring for the risers for the front cross bar.
Looks really good! Wow! You are moving right along with it! Thanks for the updated photo.
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #23
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks really good! Wow! You are moving right along with it! Thanks for the updated photo.
How are you going to attach the rack to the cross bars? Weld?
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #24
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How are you going to attach the rack to the cross bars? Weld?
I'm thinking square u-bolts if I can find some small enough.

www.norcal-jeeps.com
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #25
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm thinking square u-bolts if I can find some small enough.
That will be good!
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #26
xbcasey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not one of the prettiest things I've built, but it should hold a gas can! Once the paint dries all the way I'll get a pic of it mounted up. It clips on to my tire swing and is self supporting, it has one bolt that is just there to keep it from rattling around. It can be installed or removed as fast as you can tighten a bolt.
image-1926184186.jpg  
xbcasey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #27
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not one of the prettiest things I've built, but it should hold a gas can! Once the paint dries all the way I'll get a pic of it mounted up. It clips on to my tire swing and is self supporting, it has one bolt that is just there to keep it from rattling around. It can be installed or removed as fast as you can tighten a bolt.
Good job!! It will even match the Jerry can!
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #28
xbcasey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Until the paint falls off my gas can! I use water cans and spray paint them red, it's the same can except it has a vent in the back and doesn't have one of the stupid carb approved spouts on it. The rack will work just fine, but it was kind of a rushed deal. I only had stainless steel wire for the welder, so the welds are strong, just not pretty. I also forgot my tape measure and just had to eye ball everything. Once I get time (yeah right) to do it the way I want, I plan to re make the whole tire swing and gas can rack out of aluminum. I also need to build some sliders one of these days, basically I just need to find a way to get paid to stay home and work on my projects.
Unread 06-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #29
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Until the paint falls off my gas can! I use water cans and spray paint them red, it's the same can except it has a vent in the back and doesn't have one of the stupid carb approved spouts on it. The rack will work just fine, but it was kind of a rushed deal. I only had stainless steel wire for the welder, so the welds are strong, just not pretty. I also forgot my tape measure and just had to eye ball everything. Once I get time (yeah right) to do it the way I want, I plan to re make the whole tire swing and gas can rack out of aluminum. I also need to build some sliders one of these days, basically I just need to find a way to get paid to stay home and work on my projects.
I hate those stupid carb approved spouts. I'm still using the old Jerry cans with the regular spout.
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #30
xbcasey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Finally put it on to take some pics, I also just scored two metal Jerry cans that I will have to build some mounts for.
image-3451003087.jpg   image-304887458.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.