Jeep upgrades and repairs - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Jeep upgrades and repairs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #241
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Great job Gordon !! Looks like you have a lot of ground clearance for that water tank. Good job on the skid plate. I like the way you used that electrical box for your water pump, great idea!

lowranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #242
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Man, this trailer is looking awesome! Can't wait to check it out!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #243
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

Still grinding (literally at times) away on the trailer and have a few more updates done. It goes in for paint next weekend so trying to get all the holes drilled before that.

Top re-installed and inside the bed and inside of the lid bedlined.

Installed the Thule aeroblade roof rack system and deployed the front and rear stabilizer legs, took the piece of Starboard I have for the slide out floor and put it up on the rack. The GF and I climbed up to make sure the lid would hold the weight without any further modifications before painting. Must have been quite the sight grinning like a fool, sitting on top of a trailer in the driveway... Thankfully, it was night by the time we tested it. Oh and my plate came in as well.

Front view, I need to get the ratchet straps shortened to fit. Oh yeah, got the front wheel installed again, nice not to have to get the jackstand out everytime. The trimax locking wheel chocks add a little peace of mind for when it is sitting at home or as a base camp.

And today, I got the floor installed. Big milestone for me. Sat on it and had the GF pull it in and out, works great. I'll need to put a small block in the very back where it is unsupported by the slides but otherwise, this part is done.
Fully extended

Pushed in.

The plumbing connection holes are drilled but I'll wait until it is painted before assembling that. On to the electrical.
BoarderMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #244
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice work! No wonder I haven't heard much from you on here, you have been BUSY! It sure is looking good!
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #245
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

thanks! yours was and is the inspiration. The run at the end of the month is fast approaching and still lots to get done... At this rate that will be the break-in run.
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #246
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

When you are you getting it painted?
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #247
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

It is at the paint shop now, supposed to get it back friday or saturday then I can finish assembling it and run down to santa cruz for the roof top tent.
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #248
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cant wait to see it on the Lost Coast run!
Unread 09-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #249
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

How did the paint job turn out?
Unread 09-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #250
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

Came out good, I should have done more prep but it is a jeep trailer and will get scuffed. I've been slammed at work so getting the rest assembled will come down to the wire. I'll try to get some pictures this weekend.
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #251
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Gordon ..... are you happy how your Jeep trailer did on the Lost Coast run? Are you going to make any changes ?
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #252
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

Most of you saw it on the lost coast run but I was updating the expedition portal build page and thought I would fnish the progress here as well.

Overall very pleased with how it worked on the lost coast run. I have a couple of things to finish, the gas cans and I will add external propane tank mounts to free up some room in the trailer for some gear we ended up having to put in the jeep instead. We also got the real tent now and will try that out at tepui fest at hollister the 11th and 12th. If you're interested in the tents would be a great place to check them out. You can find more info on their site www.tepuitents.com.

The battery box platform

No going back now, the hole to get the fridge and trailer lighting to the battery box

Battery box installed with a 20 watt solar panel on the lid to aid with charging. Plugged in with the external charge port as well.

The inside of the battery box. External waterproof LED 6 position switch panel, external cig lighter port, external dual usb port all controlled by a master cut switch, 12 position fuse panel, hellroaring battery isolator/combiner, solar charger with battery gauge, genuis shore power charger and 800 watt inverter. Oh and two blue tops.

The light wiring. I ran 7 outside and went back to back on 3 for the inside.

The inside lights

External lights, 3 on each side and one in front. This also shows the switch panel lit up and the shore power, usb and cig ports.

Cig lighter port and truck fridge mounting plate installed. There is enough cord to still fully pull the floor out.

Truck Fridge 50 Liter installed. Just fits under the lid and bleh you have to pop the lid a hair to slide it out. Oh well.

The quick connect for the water output.

The water inlet and vent which are right underneath the water output. Pull the lever down to open, up to shut. The locks also keep the dirt out.

The water fill only works with a pressurized water source so what to do if there is only a pour-in water source? (filtered water from stream, campground, etc.) Well the JK has a 5 gallon pour-in water tank in the rear bumper so... add another pump and make it so the jeep can fill the trailer!

Switch on the s-pod

Quick connector under the bumper

Pump and strainer

Coil hose connected

Pretty good pressure. Problem solved.

Getting the new Tepui Kukenam Sky Tent at the factory in Santa Cruz.

Out on the lost coast!

Thanks again Craig for the link, this opens a whole world of camping possibilities!
Unread 10-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #253
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

No problem Gorden.
Hey, where is the picture of you when you were stuck on the beach on the Lost Coast run. Oh....oops, maybe I wasn't suppose to say anything.
Unread 10-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #254
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

nah, too busy getting it out to take pictures. Getting stuck and unstuck is all part of wheelin'
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #255
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You ain't wheelin' if you don't get stuck once in a while!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.