Jeep upgrades and repairs - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Jeep upgrades and repairs

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Jeep JK Wrangler NEW Heat Reducing Performance Vented HoodARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 07-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #181
Villageidiot13
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Congrats on having a real interior again! LOL!
I feel so HUMAN again...

Villageidiot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #182
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Gordon ....... we need some updated pictures of your trailer build, but on its wheels this time.
lowranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #183
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

Will do, been a brutal couple of weeks at work, finally got the wheel spacers in today so I hope to get the brake controller done and flip it back on its wheels this weekend. I really want to see how it tows now. I'll have to flip it back over in a couple weeks when the water tank shows up to get that installed but should be able to post some of it actually being a trailer again.
BoarderMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #184
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks!! Look forward to seeing it!
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #185
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well snap, the damn wheel spacers don't fit and I need to order another pair. The rims are hub centric, the hubs are lug centric, using a hub centric wheel spacer the hub won't pass through so I need to get lug centric wheel spacers and prolly some centering rings. Catalog engineering strikes again! Will update when more parts arrive. Bleh!
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #186
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoarderMX View Post
Well snap, the damn wheel spacers don't fit and I need to order another pair. The rims are hub centric, the hubs are lug centric, using a hub centric wheel spacer the hub won't pass through so I need to get lug centric wheel spacers and prolly some centering rings. Catalog engineering strikes again! Will update when more parts arrive. Bleh!
Darn!! How much bigger does the center hole of the wheel have to be to fit over the hub?
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #187
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

The hub is about 2.5 to 2.6 in diameter, the spacers are at 2.2 ID, I could have them turned and bored out but the OD is only 2.8 which wouldn't leave much for the hub to center on. The lug centric spacers are 2.8 bore so they will work fine and I just need to measure a centering ring out.
Unread 07-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #188
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The hub is about 2.5 to 2.6 in diameter, the spacers are at 2.2 ID, I could have them turned and bored out but the OD is only 2.8 which wouldn't leave much for the hub to center on. The lug centric spacers are 2.8 bore so they will work fine and I just need to measure a centering ring out.
I was thinking the same thing, thats why I asked, but didn't know how much you would have left after you had it turned.
Unread 07-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #189
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

Whelp, Finally got some parts that fit for once and it is nice to finally feel like I am making some progress.

Re-wired the entire thing and added a connection box. The brackets will hold the stabilzer legs front and back so when the tent is up the thing doesn't tip over.

New LED tail lights and a garage too full of parts waiting to be installed and bikes that need to be rode.

The new wheel spacers and centering rings.

The Tekonsha Prodigy P3 trailer brake controller. Pretty slick little box.

Flipped and hooked and rolling.

The trailer tows great, the Timbren is super quiet and there is no bouncing around, curbs, etc one bounce and it settles right down. What a relief after all these weeks of wondering if this would work. Tons of ground clearance, it will still have more than the Jeep after the water tank is installed. Now onto the rest of the work!

Unread 07-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #190
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Whelp, Finally got some parts that fit for once and it is nice to finally feel like I am making some progress.

Re-wired the entire thing and added a connection box. The brackets will hold the stabilzer legs front and back so when the tent is up the thing doesn't tip over.

New LED tail lights and a garage too full of parts waiting to be installed and bikes that need to be rode.

The new wheel spacers and centering rings.

The Tekonsha Prodigy P3 trailer brake controller. Pretty slick little box.

Flipped and hooked and rolling.

The trailer tows great, the Timbren is super quiet and there is no bouncing around, curbs, etc one bounce and it settles right down. What a relief after all these weeks of wondering if this would work. Tons of ground clearance, it will still have more than the Jeep after the water tank is installed. Now onto the rest of the work!

Looks awesome! I stumbled upon this randomly, and it's oddly very similar to what I intend to build when I get around to starting a trailer, including the Timbren axles.

[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #191
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post
Looks awesome! I stumbled upon this randomly, and it's oddly very similar to what I intend to build when I get around to starting a trailer, including the Timbren axles.

Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions when you start your build, happy to help.
Unread 07-28-2013, 05:16 AM   #192
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions when you start your build, happy to help.
Sure thing. I assume you're using the HF frame, as that's what I've been looking at.

My idea consists of finding an LJ tub if possible, or worst case scenario taking a TJ tub and adding sheet metal to it, and closing in the front portion and ideally getting a tonneau cover for it, very similar to what Jscherb here on JF has done. I really like the idea of having a trailer that is very much like my TJ, and I'd like to wheel it to some degree, which means it'll likely be wrapped in corner armor.

As ambitious as this all sounds, the build likely won't start until I get my Jeep where I want it, which is still at least a year and a half out
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #193
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Gordon...... great job! It looks great! Yes you do have a lot of ground clearance. That water tank should be no problem.
Were you going to join us on the 2 day "Lost Coast" run at the end of Sept.?
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #194
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post
Sure thing. I assume you're using the HF frame, as that's what I've been looking at.
No, I started with the packmule as the base, a few were made in Marysville, CA by Helder Mfg. This one was made in 1988 and I got it from the original owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowranger View Post
Gordon...... great job! It looks great! Yes you do have a lot of ground clearance. That water tank should be no problem.
Were you going to join us on the 2 day "Lost Coast" run at the end of Sept.?
That is the plan right now, I should have it finished and any bugs worked out by then.
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #195
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Trailer sure looking good! Matching wheels and tires too !!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.