Jeep beach west pismo beach, ca / oceano dunes sat, june 11 - sun, june 12, 2016 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 03-16-2016, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Jeep beach west pismo beach, ca / oceano dunes sat, june 11 - sun, june 12, 2016

I am the organizer for 3rd annual Jeep Beach West in Pismo Beach and wanted to invite my home forum friends to join us.
JBW is Fun, Sun, Jeeps & Driving on Dunes!
In 2015, our 2nd year we had: 152 Jeeps, 10 Sponsors and 1 Wedding Proposal! This year’s events include Wheeling on the beach, Show ‘n Shine, camping, bright light competition, a Jeep parade and hill climb challenge with gear for winners. JP Magazine plans to sponsor and cover this year’s event. Our ultimate goal is to raise awareness for all Jeepers, especially ones who do not wheel, or know their vehicles current and potential offroad capabilities. We also want to continue to support sustainable, wheeling, build a relationship with the local economy and keep Oceano Dunes open for Wheeling. As the event grows to 1000+ Jeeps we will also be able to reserve the entire Oceano Dunes Area for Jeepers. Please follow the links below for details.
www.jeepbeachwest.com
https://www.facebook.com/jeepbeachwest

Attached Thumbnails
_D8R9288.jpg  
Attached Images

Brian's Black Betty Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-17-2016, 12:10 PM
dontstandinfire
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm very interested. This may become my birthday gift to myself, to roll out there.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-17-2016, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Great. When is your birthday? You could also play the Father's Day gift a week early if you have children. If not, take your Father!

post #4 of 12 Old 03-18-2016, 08:45 AM
dontstandinfire
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg413i View Post
Great. When is your birthday? You could also play the Father's Day gift a week early if you have children. If not, take your Father!
My birthday is June 15th. Not a father yet, but someday soon!

I'll have to check with the old man to see if he would want to come out, good idea!
post #5 of 12 Old 04-08-2016, 04:58 PM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hmm? Sounds interesting. I'll have to think about it and ask some friends. I already know the wifey will NOT camp on the beach with me.
I'm not really into driving around the dunes in an underpowered heavy LJ, but all the rigs and JP mag being there might be fun.

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #6 of 12 Old 04-09-2016, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Hmm? Sounds interesting. I'll have to think about it and ask some friends. I already know the wifey will NOT camp on the beach with me.
I'm not really into driving around the dunes in an underpowered heavy LJ, but all the rigs and JP mag being there might be fun.
You will be just fine in the LJ. My buddy has one and does fine. It is the older YJ's with the 2.4L that struggle.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-10-2016, 12:55 AM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg413i View Post
You will be just fine in the LJ. My buddy has one and does fine. It is the older YJ's with the 2.4L that struggle.
I've got it on the calendar and I'll try to make it. As far as the Jeep... not so much worried about it struggling. I just know it cannot do and isn't the same as to what I have done in the past. I'm a bit older and was around 'way back when' before the dunes were closed off. I had a sand buggy back in the day and have been on every square mile of Pismo dunes all the way down to Guadalupe and old Devils slide. I just simply meant the LJ won't compare to the 'old days'! Camping and kicking back and seeing and meeting other Jeepers is just as good.

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #8 of 12 Old 04-24-2016, 04:26 PM
JakeWK
2005 WK 

I'll be there with some buddies from work on that saturday, my WK, an XJ, and a sweet TJ. Look forward to being out there, would love to meet up the same area as some other JFers.

05 WK HEMI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USN Jeep Club
CentralCaL 4X4
Colorado 4X4
post #9 of 12 Old 04-27-2016, 09:36 AM
SLO_Ken
1986 CJ7 

My neighbor told me about this yesterday. I may have to come down and check it out.

California 4.0 OBDII Engine Swap
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/california-4-0-obdii-swap-1530716/
post #10 of 12 Old 05-22-2016, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Looking forward to seeing you all. 3 weeks left! Get the jeeps ready. If there is a group coming from San Jose, Maybe start a caravan. I will email all the registrants and ask if there is interest. I will get there Thursday afternoon.

post #11 of 12 Old 06-07-2016, 11:59 AM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

If I can make it, it will be last minute Sat. morning. Can you register when you get there?

post #12 of 12 Old 06-09-2016, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Yes. I have some extra registration packets. See you soon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.