INLAND EMPIRE!!! Whats your 20? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > INLAND EMPIRE!!! Whats your 20?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #46
ridelbz15
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
It has been that way since last winter, the rains do some very good trail maintenance. Is what keeps it a fun trail
yah i understand the rain but i was up there about a month ago and no REAL rain has happend since and theres more random boulders (not the ones the forestry put) everywhere and lots of holes where people got stuck n such

ridelbz15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #47
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in the San Bernardino/Highland area as well.

ItsJustD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #48
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridelbz15 View Post
yah i understand the rain but i was up there about a month ago and no REAL rain has happend since and theres more random boulders (not the ones the forestry put) everywhere and lots of holes where people got stuck n such
It's a heavily used OHV area, so it does see erosion from offroaders. Like the utility tower hill the face of that is way dug out at the base, which makes it a lot of fun trying to climb it
Unread 09-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #49
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

After they blocked off some of the funner stuff im glad its getting a little more interesting. Im not 100% sure but has anyone noticed that big hill open again? i think ive heard it been called pucker hill. The one right before the sharp right that will get you on 3 wheels if you're not careful. I didnt pay too much attention but i thought i saw they took off the fence
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2011, 05:04 AM   #50
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
After they blocked off some of the funner stuff im glad its getting a little more interesting. Im not 100% sure but has anyone noticed that big hill open again? i think ive heard it been called pucker hill. The one right before the sharp right that will get you on 3 wheels if you're not careful. I didnt pay too much attention but i thought i saw they took off the fence
The fence is gone but that piece of trail it self is still blocked off
Unread 09-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #51
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
The fence is gone but that piece of trail it self is still blocked off
Ah gotcha, I only saw the backside of it coming the easy way. But i know where that sections starts where you go right for the hard trail going west to east where there is a small mound you go over wasnt blocked off, but i didnt see any further. Maybe ill make a quick trip soon
Unread 09-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #52
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I am located out here in Ridgecrest, and always looking for someone new to wheel with....
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #53
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Planning on running a trail or some trails up by big bear this saturday. Looking for some suggestions on trails and anyone's welcome to join us. I've ran cleghorn a few times and pilot rock. Looking for something new thats fun and not just a dirt road. Let me know!!

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #54
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cleghorn after a good rain is an adventure.

I think i ran the spot your calling pucker hill after the big rains we had at the beginning of the year. I was the first one down it after the rain, no other tracks to be found. It was my first time at cleghorn and the buddy I was with bypassed this section. I was wishing I had bypassed it also .

As I descended the more hard core this section became. There was one spot where 3' and 4' rain rutts came together right before about a 6' or 7' drop off. I was in over my head on this section but there was no turning back at this point. Love that feeling . On the big drop off I was bull dozing with my front bumper at yhe bottom of it, almost a front bumper stand. My buddy was down at the exit of this section on the radio saying there was 3' and 4' drop offs and that I should turn back. After a 6' / 7' drop I wasn't to worried about 3' and 4' drop offs.

A word to the wise, disconnect your sway bar before starting down this section. Right before I took this section something told me to. I was stretching my 4" lift to it's limits.

Seriously though, had a blast and can't wait to go down that section again.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #55
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot

I think i ran the spot your calling pucker hill after the big rains we had at the beginning of the year. I was the first one down it after the rain, no other tracks to be found. It was my first time at cleghorn and the buddy I was with bypassed this section. I was wishing I had bypassed it also .

As I descended the more hard core this section became. There was one spot where 3' and 4' rain rutts came together right before about a 6' or 7' drop off. I was in over my head on this section but there was no turning back at this point. Love that feeling . On the big drop off I was bull dozing with my front bumper at yhe bottom of it, almost a front bumper stand. My buddy was down at the exit of this section on the radio saying there was 3' and 4' drop offs and that I should turn back. After a 6' / 7' drop I wasn't to worried about 3' and 4' drop offs.

A word to the wise, disconnect your sway bar before starting down this section. Right before I took this section something told me to. I was stretching my 4" lift to it's limits.

Its not gonna rain for a while. And I dont run sway bars haha. Cleghorns fun but I wanna see something new

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #56
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebs53 View Post
Its not gonna rain for a while. And I dont run sway bars haha. Cleghorns fun but I wanna see something new
You can keep taking pilot rock all the way to deep creek and run dishpan springs for some smaller to medium sized rocks. you can take 2n17x for a warmup
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #57
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_

You can keep taking pilot rock all the way to deep creek and run dishpan springs for some smaller to medium sized rocks. you can take 2n17x for a warmup
I read about dishpan. Sounds fun, might try it

Unread 09-20-2011, 06:04 AM   #58
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post

That isn't pucker hill, but definitely fun, Cleghorn is a blast in the rain or snow
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #59
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

This section had a sharp right turn near the bottom, and then another right turn coming off the trail back onto the fire road. I think it was the second to last section of Cleghorn if your rolling east down towards the lake.

I guess a lot of people roll in these sections on the East side of Cleghorn?

For you guys that run this trail often it's probably no big deal but the first time for me was an adventure. LOL
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #60
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
This section had a sharp right turn near the bottom, and then another right turn coming off the trail back onto the fire road. I think it was the second to last section of Cleghorn if your rolling east down towards the lake.

I guess a lot of people roll in these sections on the East side of Cleghorn?

For you guys that run this trail often it's probably no big deal but the first time for me was an adventure. LOL
Cleghorn is a great flex tester and yes towards the end it has some cool off camber stuff that you want to pick a good line on. Goof up and it goes on it's side

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.