Hungry Valley 12/29/07 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Hungry Valley 12/29/07

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-28-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
jrod196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hungry Valley 12/29/07

Hey everyone,

I am planning a trip to Hungry Valley tomorrow. This will be my second time wheeling so I'm still exploring the trails. I wanted to extend the invitation to anyone else that wants to join. I'm looking to arrive around 10am to get an early start. Let me know if you are interested. I have a stock Jeep FYI.

Thanks!!

Jared

jrod196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
Troy591
2002 TJ Wrangler 

man i'd totally go but im gonna be out of town over the weekend. we were talking about maybe doing a miller run next weekend. Dunno if you'll wanna try that yet but we'll see, we can always pull you out of stuff.

Anyways good job last week and take a ton of pictures tomorrow.

Troy
02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5" Rubicon Express lift, SYE and CV, 33" BFG's, Detroit locker front and rear, Dana 44 rear 4.56, Dana 30 front 4.56, Hi-Lift, Gavin wilderness swing away tire carrier, and front bumper.
Troy591 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
jrod196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yea sure, I'm down to try out Miller the following weekend. Although dogman, made it sound pretty challenging. Oh well, i'm down.
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
MEinSoCal
2001 WJ 

how far is this from the SFV?
MEinSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #5
ellosdos
1990 YJ Wrangler 

its only about an hour drive north on the 5 freeway and exit gorman, and follow the directions they have different stage areas, and they also have a training course, its lots of fun. Hope you gusy have fun
ellosdos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #6
jrod196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alright, if anyone else wants to show, i'll be at the park around 10-10:30 tomorrow. I drive a stock silver jeep tj sport.
Unread 12-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
robncar
2005 TJ Wrangler 

We looked for you at Hungry Valley yesterday, did you go? We ended up in the National Forrest and got to the snow...

robncar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #8
Troy591
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robncar
We looked for you at Hungry Valley yesterday, did you go? We ended up in the National Forrest and got to the snow...

Is that Alamo Mtn.?
02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5" Rubicon Express lift, SYE and CV, 33" BFG's, Detroit locker front and rear, Dana 44 rear 4.56, Dana 30 front 4.56, Hi-Lift, Gavin wilderness swing away tire carrier, and front bumper.
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #9
robncar
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy591
Is that Alamo Mtn.?
As far as we can tell? The GPS thinks it was, anyway. We crossed Piru Creek and kept going up Gold Hill Road. We just went over some topo, our GPS track, and we think it was Alamo Mountain. Hadn't been there before. It was interesting how some folks we came up on, driving in the opposite direction, drive that road so fast as it's not wide enough for two vehicles and there is quite a drop in some places. Other than that, it was a nice ride, the kids enjoyed the snow. I think we were at ~7,000 feet.
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2007, 12:40 AM   #10
Troy591
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yup its alamo. i think the peak is 7500 or so. and yes people do drive fast. i just wish there was a little more technicality to the trail... we may be doing miller next weekend, end at dutchman campground on alamo. you should come!
Unread 01-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #11
5artist5
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod196
Hey everyone,

I am planning a trip to Hungry Valley tomorrow. This will be my second time wheeling so I'm still exploring the trails. I wanted to extend the invitation to anyone else that wants to join. I'm looking to arrive around 10am to get an early start. Let me know if you are interested. I have a stock Jeep FYI.

Thanks!!

Jared
Hey Jared,
Did you go up to Hungry Valley? How was it? Did you get pics?

72 CJ5 258-3spd d30-d20-d44
[QUOTE=Bsktbll109;6293409]Does your rearend guy do gears?[/QUOTE]
5artist5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #12
jrod196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5artist5
Hey Jared,
Did you go up to Hungry Valley? How was it? Did you get pics?

I did make it up to Hungry Valley. I didn't make it out till 1pm though. And when we got there, I realized the batteries in the camera were dead. Oh well, it was still a blast! THe trails weren't that difficult at all though. There was only one trail I got kinda worried on, the Vic Tails trail I think its called? It was very narrow and it had my heart rate up a couple of times. Fun non-the-less. I'm ready to get back out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.