HELP! Jeep stolen - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > HELP! Jeep stolen

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 01-31-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
hm2doc

UPDATE: With the exception of a small deductible, the insurance covered the replacement of everything (except the Rubicon tire cover -$70). We've got an appointment to have a Viper alarm installed on it to where it will make your ears bleed if you even fart on the Jeep...also has sensors that will trigger the alarm if it is tilted over 1 degree from baseline (ex: if it's being jacked up). Also going to look into getting LoJack in the future. AND...we are cancelling our lease and moving to a safer area.

That should do the trick............hopefully.

hm2doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #17
MrAugie
2012 JK Wrangler 

Did you vehicle get recovered? Or did insurance buy you a new one?
MrAugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #18
chandlerr

2006 LJ Wrangler 

my jeep has not been recovered, and i have not been paid yet

2006 Black LJ Rubicon, mostly stock with 33's... soon to change
chandlerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #19
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to hear it. Who's your insurance provider?
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #20
chandlerr

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Usaa

Unread 02-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #21
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerr
Usaa
I think there's a 30 day lag for payment on stolen vehicle claims. Did USAA mention anything of the sort?
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #22
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

This is so ****ed up. This pisses me off everyone on here works so hard and puts tons of money and pride into their Jeeps and low-life losers go and steal it. So is the rampant vehicle theft in San Diego from the overflow of cartels into the US?
Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #23
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

And our "Moon Beam" of a governor wants to make the illegals safe?
How about making the CITIZENS SAFE!
slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #24
chandlerr

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
I think there's a 30 day lag for payment on stolen vehicle claims. Did USAA mention anything of the sort?
They give a two week period for recovery of the vehicle, and just dealing with paperwork and everything it ends up being about 30 days total I think. My jeep was stolen on the 10th of January; I just mailed in my title and keys and they told me it would take about 5 days to process I think, so I think I should see money by the end of next week, 15 Feb.

BTW, I can't express how awesome USAA was. I gave them all of my receipts and everything and totaled up all my aftermarket parts, but I still expected that they would not give me a very good settlement. First number they gave me was more than fair; I couldn't even have sold it (in today's market) at the price they gave me. However it did not include sentimental value .

Unread 02-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #25
XJdude09
1996 ZJ 

Glad you are getting something back out of this deal. its too bad that money wont make up for hard work, blood and sweat also. sorry for your loss!
1996 ZJ Limited - Stock for now ### 1993 YJ Sahara 4.0 - SOLD ### 1998 ZJ Laredo 4.0 - 3.5" IRO, 32" Cooper STT's, Rough Country quick discos, 15x8" (3.75" bs) pro comp steelies, Delta Tech, Hanson bumper, Safari Snorkel, Throttle body Spacer. (TRADED) ### 1996 XJ Sport 4.0 - Stock minus the rust. (SOLD)
XJdude09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #26
xtremzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hm2doc View Post
UPDATE: With the exception of a small deductible, the insurance covered the replacement of everything (except the Rubicon tire cover -$70). We've got an appointment to have a Viper alarm installed on it to where it will make your ears bleed if you even fart on the Jeep...also has sensors that will trigger the alarm if it is tilted over 1 degree from baseline (ex: if it's being jacked up). Also going to look into getting LoJack in the future. AND...we are cancelling our lease and moving to a safer area.

That should do the trick............hopefully.
doubt it, Nothing is un-stealable, just less stealable then the guy next to you
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #27
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I feel for you man! Nice looking Jeep too. I plan on installing a kill switch in my Tuffy glove box for this exact reason. It may not be completely burglar proof but it'll be a PITA!
CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #28
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

This looks cool. A fuel pump cutoff switch. http://www.summitracing.com/search/y...rical-switches
CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #29
Ken Cooke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have a Ravelco on my Jeep. It could still get towed away, though.
Ken Cooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #30
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69 View Post
This is so ****ed up. This pisses me off everyone on here works so hard and puts tons of money and pride into their Jeeps and low-life losers go and steal it. So is the rampant vehicle theft in San Diego from the overflow of cartels into the US?
Rubicons are #1 on their list. The take them to Mexico, strip them of all the "upgraded" parts / components, then bring that back into the USA to sell back to YOU.
SDDAVE is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.