Good Jeep Service Shop around LA? What about decent dealer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Good Jeep Service Shop around LA? What about decent dealer?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-31-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
999desmosedici
1999 WJ 

Good Jeep Service Shop around LA? What about decent dealer?

Hi, I'm looking for a good shop around LA that knows Jeep & 4x4 to install lift kits, lockers and such.

Also, for some services on electronics, climate-control system, recalls, etc, one needs to visit Jeep authorized dealer. Which ones are decent, and which ones are horrible. Please share your thoughts & experiences.

I didn't like Buerge Jeep of Santa Monica / West LA

Last week, I dropped off my jeep at Burge Jeep of Santa Monica / West LA. The rep who was handling my case didn't call me back at all -- I had left 4 messages inquiring about the status (1st time at noon, 2nd at 2pm, 3rd at 3pm, and 4th at closing). I had to show up in person during my lunch break the next day, only to find then that he wants my authorization to change all brake pads & service the front differential, for the total of $2000. The rep didn't even care to explain or give me the break-down for parts & labor.

I don't mind paying for the legitimate parts & services that are necessary, but I couldn't trust the place after how I was treated & handled.

So, I had the brakes done at Brake Masters franchise. I'm still looking for a decent dealer to reflash my transmission and service the front differential.

I don't mind driving out a bit.

How are the others?

La Brea
South Bay
Star
Car Pros
Casa De Gonzales
Long Beach
Moothard
Whittier
El Monte

999desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
fourlow
1994 XJ Cherokee 

As far as lifts and other off road installs, I suggest JC Fab and Design. Good people and good work.

JC Fab and Design
22117 Sierra Hwy
Sylmar, Ca 91342
818-367-9904
http://www.jcfabanddesign.com/

For all other general type work, avoid Buerge at all costs unless you like having your wallet raped.

Try Morris Automotive, good work, good prices, extremely nice and knowledgeable people.

MORRIS AUTOMOTIVE
1331 Colorado Ave.,
Santa Monica, CA 90404-3312
310-451-3149
http://www.morrisautomotive.com/
JeepersandCreepers Bored out TB
GDI 3 core radiator
Flowkooler Water Pump

Suspension:
RE 3.5" (actual about 4 inches) 6030 SUPER-FLEX, RE1600 Adjustable Track Bar

Wheels/Tires:
Rock Crawler 152 Series, 3.75 Backspacing
31inch BFG MT's
fourlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
TJ Clay
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Call John at All 4 whee drive in Corona. Did my ARB, regear and Super 35. He was well recommended from another site and i coundn't be more satisfied.
Unread 06-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Uncle Russ
1984 CJ7 

I've had good experiences with Bob at Island Pacific Jeep in Hermosa Beach. He runs an indie shop specializing in Jeeps. Phone: 310.374.1133, Hours are Mon-Fri, 8 am to 5 pm. Can't help you on a dealership recco.

-- Robert Earl Keen

Military Jeepers Click Here!
Uncle Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #5
luk4mud
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Try Patrick at CoolFXJeep.com in Monrovia. Honest guy, knows his stuff and fair prices.
I did something like this a while back for my corolla. I poked a hole into the ducting and ran a hose to stick into my shorts. It didnt work thew best cause I never plugged up the vents, but it did help.
luk4mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
phant0omx
2012 WK 

la brea chrysler jeep is pretty good. the service dude Amar seemed to know what he was talking about and seemed to wheel with his buddy in a tj.

the second time i took it to them, i had them check out my front driveshaft. i already knew it was toast, but didn't know what to do at the time. they saw that i had lifted it with ome springs and installed my jks hd tie rod and drag link; they wouldn't touch the jeep or even try and sell me a new front drive shaft.

i don't know if that helps any.

i'd like to know about shops to because i'm thinking about getting some long arm suspension, but don't know how to weld, which means i need a shop to do it.
phant0omx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
phant0omx
2012 WK 

Oh, El Monte Chrysler, they fixed my blend door. I took it back a few times because they didn't seal it right and a little breeze was coming in; thats not fun in December in Utah with negative temps. But, they never got mad or frustrated and they did fix the problem, just needed to take the tech with me on a drive.

They also told me they will install aftermarket parts.
Unread 06-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
crismateski
1978 CJ7 

there are only 2 shops I will take my stuff to. DynoTune / Chassis by Iha which is on Citrus ave in covina, they are the same company, and Chino Hills Transmission on central ave in chino
crismateski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
phant0omx
2012 WK 

has anyone used those shops for lift install? i will be needing to install my long arms and i don't weld.

has anyone have any experience with Offroad Evolution in Fullerton?
Unread 10-19-2008, 12:45 AM   #10
phant0omx
2012 WK 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk4mud View Post
Try Patrick at CoolFXJeep.com in Monrovia. Honest guy, knows his stuff and fair prices.
This is very true. He now works at

Jue Motors
678 E San Bernardino Rd
Covina, CA 91723
(626) 967-9089

Patrick does very good work and he works for someone that cares as much about his customers if not more.

My alignment was out of whack on my WJ, with Clayton's LAs, and he really went to work aligning the thing front to back and back to front. I mean everything. The alignment machine is top notch and shows every detail you can possibly want to know about your Jeep's alignment.

My WJ was very difficult to align because he found out that my front axle is twisted a bit. He went out of his way to make sure my WJ drove as best it could with a twisted axle. But after Patrick put it up on the lift at least 4 times and constant test drives to dial my WJ in, it finally drove straight and as well as it could.

Patrick and his boss Jimmy really now their stuff. Every step he made he/they took the time to explain to me what does what and how an adjustment here would effect a part over there etc. They also give me tips on what to look for in regards to wear and parts that may need to be addressed in the future.

So, if you're looking for someone that knows Jeeps, as Patrick is a Jeeper and actually owns a lifted XJ, try Jue Motors with the help of Patrick. If you're looking for someone that takes the time to properly align a Jeep/4x4 try Jue Motors.

I may sound over zealous, but they really did treat me well, so I felt I just needed to share this.

Merlin
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #11
redyj94

Thumbs up small shop in sunland

I was reffered to a small shop in sunland. they had a yj lik emine and they were great. they also know patrick at cool jeep effects but if you ever need some really really knowledgable people for custom bumpers, sliders and cages hit them up. they are a father and son team that works out of there house. they mandrel bend and weld very nicely. all there stuff i have sean is monster strong and very cool. they do leaf spring lifts and all and they reffered me to Patrick for my alignment. they built me a full set up sliders cage bumpers..... Unfortunatly i lost my picts
they have a site with picts.

http://www.meanddadoffroad.ws/
redyj94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #12
Teddy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

where i take my car four x doctor
1033 N. Victory place, burbank CA 91502
1(818)845-2194

ask for mike duncan
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #13
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

Digging up this old thread to share my horrible experiences with Buerge...

They have failed at all three levels, and they don't seem to care.

Sales: I walked in on a Friday night to talk with a salesman. I told him what I wanted, asked him about pricing and if we could sit and go through it. He stands there with his hands in his pockets, looks up at the ceiling and spitballs me a quote, as if he didn't take me seriously.... I said "Well, sound like you're not interested in selling me a car, so I'll just go elsewhere." This dealership is a mile from my house, so I would have preferred to go there, but instead, bought a Jeep 2 days later at another place an hour away.

Parts: Everytime I've had something needing a part, the parts dept wouldn't have it in stock, wouldn't get it in, and in a couple cases, simply forgot to order it when I followed up why I haven't heard from them 3 weeks down the road.

Service: Both times I've brought it in, once for the compass not being accurate and now for the heater, they haven't been able to determine the problem. Now they're keeping it 2 days just to pull the dash off? They've also been horrible at returning calls. Never get back to me. After a week, they install the new heater core and I go to pick it up... I get in, wires from my bluetooth mic and the rear USB cord are sticking out everywhere because they didn't remember how it went back together... had them fix it.. I leave, and notice the compass isn't iluminating anymore.... Bring it back in... They look at it and tell me there's no compass module in the Jeep.... "What?" I said... Though they refuse to admit it, they some how managed to lose the module when the dash was apart... So now they need to order it and I have to bring it BACK in next week.

When I've voiced these issues, they simply don't seem to care at all... I'm at the point that I'll drive to the next dealership 30 minutes away just to avoid these guys... What a joke!

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #14
RadarRob2010

Have them run a VIN Summary of your Jeep through Chrysler. Or bring it up to Riverside, and we'll have my service department do it. I'm at Moss Bros C/J/D/R. The VIN Summary will list everything that came on your Jeep. If its warranty work you're looking at, Def bring it to us. If its aftermarket Mods and such, then I recommend JPi in Yucaipa. Stan's a great guy who does excellent work at competitive prices. He's also a forum member who regularly receives glowing reports from other Jeepers. No higher praise than that of your peers. BTW, my name is Robert Davidson. Nice to meet you.
RadarRob2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:33 AM   #15
DaK09

For your lift and aftermarket items check out Rebel Off Road. I have had nothing but top notch service from those guys. My contact there has always been Jason.

Right now they are gearing up for the Hammers so the place is nuts but if there is room, they will get you in and get you done. Their lead mechanic Sandy, is awesome and he will take the time and talk you through what he is doing and why.

For the recalls and such in your area... I don't know, our local jeep dealer in Lancaster sucks for the most part.
DaK09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.