goin to school in tehachapi? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > goin to school in tehachapi?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 05-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
Yellow02
2005 LJ Wrangler 

goin to school in tehachapi?

Hey guys and girls I might be going to school over there and was wondering if there was any laws that I had to worry about with my Jeep? I have an LJ with a 2" lift with 35's. Tires stick out a little bit if that matters out there.
Thanks

USN Jeep Club Hull #144
#83 Rubicon Sahara Edition
Yellow02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Don't really see problems on your Jeep. But, what school is in Tehetchepi?

Not much there except for the train round turn, and the Federal prison. ( Oh yeah, about a million wind mills! LOL!)
slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
Yellow02
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Its for wind turbines.
USN Jeep Club Hull #144
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You should be just fine and when you get setteled remember one thing, most of the area around Tehachapi is private land so you will have to go into the high country or out in the desert to wheel.
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Technically speaking, by CA law:

If you are planning on claiming CA as your state of residence, you have 10 days to register your vehicle upon taking action to be a CA resident. These are things like: getting a CA driver's license, registering to vote, getting a job, renting a place of residence - the overall picture of these actions demonstrate that you want to make CA your permanent home.

If you plan on keeping WA residency while attending school in CA, then you shouldn't need to register your vehicle in CA, as long as you don't get a CA license and/or register to vote here, and keep your permanent physical residence in WA - the indication here is that you are only living in CA to attend school and will be leaving after graduation. In this case you'll have to keep your vehicle up to code for your state of residence (inspections or what not) and have a valid license even while attending school here in CA as a non-resident.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
Yellow02
2005 LJ Wrangler 

At the moment I'm not sure where I am going to be within the next year. But who knows, I'm hoping for a job in AZ or CA.
USN Jeep Club Hull #144

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.