Glamis to Black Mountain - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Glamis to Black Mountain

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 12-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
dwedeking
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Glamis to Black Mountain

We doing a trip to Glamis over the Xmas holidays. Looking to make a run to the Black Mountain trail. Is there a way via dirt roads to get from the Glamis area over to Black Mountain and Indian Pass. There are some guys on buggies that would like to head that way now that I've mentioned it to them.

thanks

dwedeking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
Troy591
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I might be down to do it, sounds like fun.

Let me know once you get more details and stuff.
02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5" Rubicon Express lift, SYE and CV, 33" BFG's, Detroit locker front and rear, Dana 44 rear 4.56, Dana 30 front 4.56, Hi-Lift, Gavin wilderness swing away tire carrier, and front bumper.
Troy591 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
dwedeking
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The trip is already planned for Glamis Dec 26 - 31st. The only problem is that our stock jeep (04 TJ) is going to be limited on the dunes (I'm scrambling to put 32" x 11.5 BFG AT's on it before the trip which I understand will do ok out there - better than stock anyway) and with that many days out there I wanted to head over to the other trails I'd heard about in the area. When I mentioned it to my uncle (who has a sand rail) he said he might bring out his rock tires and do the run if we can figure out a way to get to Black Mountain Rd and Indian Pass Rd via dirt roads. So I was wondering if anyone had recent knowledge of what's open and if it's possible (according to Google Earth it looks doable but Google doesn't show fences across the roads ). If your going to be out there around that time let me know and we'll hook up even if the buggies and bikes can't do it.
Unread 12-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
Troy591
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Dunno if i can do it that weekend, i may be heading up to tahoe to go wheelin up there with my cousin, still up in the air. but if that falls through i'll let you know and my Dad and I can come down, i bet he'd love to ride it to on his CRF. Could be fun!
02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5" Rubicon Express lift, SYE and CV, 33" BFG's, Detroit locker front and rear, Dana 44 rear 4.56, Dana 30 front 4.56, Hi-Lift, Gavin wilderness swing away tire carrier, and front bumper.
Troy591 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2007, 12:57 AM   #5
z_gilligan
2010 JK Wrangler 

Indian Pass road is good all the way to the Colorado River. I was on it about a week and a half ago. I took my 06 WK from the river to the dunes. Very easy drive and Picacho Peak State Park is a very scenic drive.
z_gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #6
dwedeking
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks that's what I needed to know

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.