Forest service roads on maps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Forest service roads on maps

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
socaldaveh

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Forest service roads on maps - solved!

Does anybody have a reliable mapping system for forrest service roads? Here in California at least, they'll be labeled like 3N16 or 9s69. Google earth doesn't have them, google maps sometimes has them, none of the map sources from backcountry navigator has them and neither does mobile atlas creator.

I'm not interested in anything by garmin or delorme, I've been beaten and screwed by them too many times over the last 10 years.

Idealistically, I'd like to be able to plot things on my computer and export to my android tablet (back country navigator or google maps).

It's shocking to me how bad the coverage of these roads is, even the USGS topo maps only have some of the roads... It's so frustrating.

thanks!

You can read about jeeps all you want, but if you take a jeep that you don't love out on the trail, she'll shake you down just as sure as the the turning of the world. Love keeps her going when she ought to break down, tells you she's hurting before she dies. It's a jeep thing, you probably won't understand.
socaldaveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
LT1CJ7
1983 CJ7 

http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/prog...ohv_maps.shtml
LT1CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
socaldaveh

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1CJ7 View Post
Holy crap is that's useful! thanks!
You can read about jeeps all you want, but if you take a jeep that you don't love out on the trail, she'll shake you down just as sure as the the turning of the world. Love keeps her going when she ought to break down, tells you she's hurting before she dies. It's a jeep thing, you probably won't understand.
socaldaveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #4
DaK09

That is one great resource, thanks.
DaK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You can also visit the ranger stations and they have the full size maps available.
Unread 08-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
Redstarlover
2001 WJ 

That's great info, now I need a 34x44 printer
Matt

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.