Fordyce last weekend. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Fordyce last weekend.

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 10-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Fordyce last weekend.

Mtngoht and I ran the Fordyce Trail this last weekend. We got a late start Friday and made it to the third water crossing just before dark. We set up camp, had a great fire, and drank some adult beverages. Saturday morning we finished the trail. I broke a front axle u-joint at the top of winch hill #5. Come on! who breaks stuff on winch hill #5? It was an awesome trip with perfect weather and not much traffic on the trail.

Me on the new mud hole bypass.

Me at the top of Winch Hill #1

Me on Winch Hill #1

Winch Hill #3 chute.

Winch Hill #3

Jimbo coming up middle line on Winch Hill #3 (I left my Jeep there to break the fall if he decided to roll off that ledge)

Jimbo coming up the mud hole bypass.

Jimbo on Winch Hill #4

Jimbo

Somewhere on the trail.

Campfire next to 3rd water crossing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like a good time.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

That's one of the trails that's on the to do list. Great photos, thanks for sharing!
SurfnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

How did the Toyo's work out for ya? They look nice with the new wheels. Did Jimbo get wet with no doors? I went about this time last year with no doors and had to drive back to Sacramento soaking wet.
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
mtngoht
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post
How did the Toyo's work out for ya? They look nice with the new wheels. Did Jimbo get wet with no doors? I went about this time last year with no doors and had to drive back to Sacramento soaking wet.
Nope, I was good. The water came just up to the rockers.

What a great trail Fordyce is. IMO alot tougher than the Rubicon.

mtngoht is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post
First impressions of the Toyo's is that they hooked up better than my old MTR's ever did. Granted I ran 6psi with the beadlocks.

Jimbo stayed dry. The river is super low right now, I could hear my tailpipe going in and out of the water at the first crossing.

We should try to get a day run together before the snow. Maybe go to the first water crossing and back and then hit signal peak. All the NorCal rigs could handle that.

Quote:
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Unread 10-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Third times a charm, right Jim?

Quote:
Unread 10-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #8
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^^ that sounds good.
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I need to get some runs in before the snow. Ive been too busy this summer to do much wheeling. I'm heading up 80 this weekend for a wedding in Reno Saturday morning. Anyone going to be up that way Saturday/Sunday? If so I'd like to do part of this trail.
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #10
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal View Post
We should try to get a day run together before the snow. Maybe go to the first water crossing and back and then hit signal peak. All the NorCal rigs could handle that.
That would be great. It would be good to go somewhere "local".
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.