End of Summer Lost Coast Trail Run - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > End of Summer Lost Coast Trail Run

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #76
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
Well, this sucks. My wife signed us up for a 5k that weekend. I thought it was the weekend before. Gotta pass on the trip. Next time I guess.
Sorry you can't make this one Sccafire. Maybe next one?

Lost Coast Trail Run attendees:

bobthetj03
Gene13
Flyinion
Don H
JeepTh1ng
JKTHOMPS
tacojeep
droze
mwashburn
titomars
Rich (Bronco)
LRod
Jcool
LJtooler
Black.jk
Burlbook48
Pkayser
Villageidiot1313

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #77
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Why am I just seeing this now?? Of course I'm in!!
Where's the meeting spot and what time?
JPetru82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #78
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

One more to the list. Welcome JPetru82!

bobthetj03
Gene13
Flyinion
Don H
JeepTh1ng
JKTHOMPS
tacojeep
droze
mwashburn
titomars
Rich (Bronco)
LRod
Jcool
LJtooler
Black.jk
Burlbook48
Pkayser
Villageidiot1313
Ancientpath
JPetru82

Unread 08-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #79
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I won't be able to scout out Usal probably till first part of September, so I won't have any major updates till then. For those recently joining in on the thread, I have some helpful links back throughout the thread, so you'll have to search a little. Maybe at some point we can get a count as to how many will be camping and how many will be lodging at the local hotels. My hope is to get everyone together at a campsite once everyone has settled in and have a riproar'n campfire! Not sure what the wood situation will be like, so I'll try to find out on my scouting run. I'll also scope out the campsites in hopes of finding one big enough to fit all of us, LOL!

bobthetj03
Gene13
Flyinion
Don H
JeepTh1ng
JKTHOMPS
tacojeep
droze
mwashburn
titomars
Rich(Bronco)
LRod
LJtooler
Black.jk
Burlbook48
Pkayser
Sccafire
Villageidiot1313
JPetru82
Sonoma Girl

Unread 08-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #80
Jcool
1993 XJ Cherokee 

yeah probably gonna have to back out, due to logistics with a 4 month old dont think trip will work out. If situation changes i will update
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_) 1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L
Jcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #81
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

so, what's the actual date of this run?
Unread 08-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #82
Big50
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I won't be able to scout out Usal probably till first part of September, so I won't have any major updates till then. For those recently joining in on the thread, I have some helpful links back throughout the thread, so you'll have to search a little. Maybe at some point we can get a count as to how many will be camping and how many will be lodging at the local hotels. My hope is to get everyone together at a campsite once everyone has settled in and have a riproar'n campfire! Not sure what the wood situation will be like, so I'll try to find out on my scouting run. I'll also scope out the campsites in hopes of finding one big enough to fit all of us, LOL!
I may be able to help here. My buddy's made part of this trek last weekend. We'd had a trip planned to Pismo for a couple months and I suggested we try this out as it looked like a cool run plus it's something we've never done before. It was a last minute change and we would have loved to go with you guys in September but my buddies daughter is due in September and I have to many family commitments.

We hit Sherwood road around 11 and got into Fort Bragg around 2:00. Ate at your pizza joint. My buddy kept on saying "Bob sure knows his pizza" It was a great lunch.

We hit the road about 3:30. Got to Usal Rd. 4:10. Drove about 35 minutes until we hit Sinkyone Beach. Sinkyone is awesome and should have enough room for you guys to camp. It was beautiful and even got to drive mess around on the beach. Although, turns out you can't. Kind of confusing as when we got there; there were 2 vehicles on the beach, old fire pits. So we had our fun and then set up camp. Well the Rangers came out and kicked us off, not a problem but just sucks as no where did it explain we couldn't. I did ask the ranger why there were no signs and it turns out the locals don't like the rule and just yank them out as soon as they go up. So you guys can probably drive on the beach and play dumb once they get there. Plus they only seem to come around in the evening to collect camping fees.

We didn't go any further due to it being 5:30 or so and us not wanting to drive another 3 ours to Shelter Cover. The only disappointing thing was how poorly people take care of Sinkyone. There was tons of trash and toilet paper in the bushes around the campsites. Usal Rd. is pretty much the same as Sherwood except it has better views and there's actually other people on the road. We didn't come across 1 person going the opposite way on Sherwood Rd.

Anyhow here's some pix and video:
Went up to Northern California to what is called the "Lost Coast" with my buddies and their XJ's. Had a blast running an old logging road and camping at Sinkyone State Park. It was beautiful and even got to drive mess around on the beach. Although, turns out you can't. Kind of confusing as when we got there; there were 2 vehicles on the beach, old fire pits. So we had our fun and then set up camp. Well the Rangers came out and kicked us off, not a problem but just sucks as no where did it explain we couldn't. I did ask the ranger why there were no signs and it turns out the locals don't like the rule and just yank them out as soon as they go up.

Anyhow here's some pix and video:

Had to be the softest sand i've driven on. I've been to pismo beach several times and this is much softer.

Unread 08-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #83
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome pics Big50! Thanks for the additional info! Glad you got to have fun on Usal Beach! I was hoping for that. Sorry you won't make the run, but glad you got to experience the beauty of the Lost Coast!

Unread 08-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #84
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82 View Post
so, what's the actual date of this run?
September 22-23

Unread 08-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #85
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Septmember 22-23, Lost Coast Trail Run attendees:

bobthetj03
Gene13
Flyinion
Don H
JeepTh1ng
JKTHOMPS
tacojeep
droze
mwashburn
titomars
Rich(Bronco)
LRod
LJtooler
Black.jk
Burlbook48
Pkayser
Sccafire
Villageidiot1313
JPetru82
Sonoma Girl
motojunkie101

Unread 08-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #86
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

21 jeeps so we could be at about 32 ppl let's say. This is going to be big time fun. Hope they have a big camp ground. Lol
Unread 08-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #87
wheelinsw
1999 TJ Wrangler 

this sounds like it will be fun! Count me as tentative depending on how my jeep looks after the Rubicon in early Sept., anyone else thatll be heading up from the south bay?
wheelinsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #88
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelinsw
this sounds like it will be fun! Count me as tentative depending on how my jeep looks after the Rubicon in early Sept., anyone else thatll be heading up from the south bay?
I'm from Vallejo. We can set up a caravan and do rolling stops along the way to pick up other jeepers. We'll just have to figure out who's the farthest south and set up a few meet up locations along the way.
I'll be taking 37 to where it hits 101 in Novato. I could meet anywhere north of that. we could set a spot in Santa Rosa to pick up the guys that live around there.
Unread 08-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #89
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Cj

For everyone coming up the 101. We could meet at Carrows in Santa Rosa.
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #90
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomars View Post
For everyone coming up the 101. We could meet at Carrows in Santa Rosa.
I'm thinking Carrows is our Santa Rosa meeting spot for now on. Safeway parking lot can be the Petaluma meeting spot.
Gene13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.