EL MIRAGE DRY LAKEBED motorcyling info requested - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > EL MIRAGE DRY LAKEBED motorcyling info requested

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 03-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
hudzjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

EL MIRAGE DRY LAKEBED motorcyling info requested

Hey guys-
I know many of you have gone to El Mirage, CA for 4x'ing, dirtbikes, quads etc..... Here's my question. We have gone before with our dirtbikes which are correctly reg'd and stickered, but a couple of friends want take some Street legal and street registered 2 Stoke Yamaha RDs out there and open them up. My question is: Am I allowed to ride street legal cycles on the lakebed, the BLM site says that we are good for paved and slated roads, but what about the lakebed itself. What requirements will I need. Last thing I want is to get cited and fined or impounded. Thanks in advance.

hudzjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

They may not allow you to drive on the lakebed this time of year? They tend to protect the surface so if it's soft from rain I don't see them letting anyone on it. Best thing for you to do is call out there.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

As hotshot said, at this time with the lake bed having wet spots,
and possibly even potholes, they probably won't let anyone out there.
slickrocksteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

best call them, find out for sure. I was under the impression that the vehicles had to be registered and street legal. But I don't know how they do that when they hold those speed competitions, I'm quite sure some of those vehicles are not street legal, haha! I'd call and find out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.