Did Berdoo Canyon yesterday - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Did Berdoo Canyon yesterday

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
SoCalJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Did Berdoo Canyon yesterday

Finally after having my JK for a year I got to do Berdoo Canyon in Joshua Tree. Until now I've only done the trails in Cleveland and some simple stuff in Joshua tree.

For the most part the canyon is an easy ride with only a few washouts to tangle with. One section narrows and you his some rapid-type rocks. Just as I got there we encountered a Hummer H1 from Hummer Tours coming up the rocks. He was lifted and was running 37" tires. As he cam up he constantly had one or the other of his front wheels in the air. My wife said "OMG, we aren't going down there". The H1 stopped to give his tourists a chance to watch us so I had to make it good. Needless to say the JK went through like a champ with no scraping and no wheels spinning uselessly in the air.

Can't wait to do it again. Now I'm really looking forward to the Jamboree in Big Bear!

Unread 03-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
90SaharaJeep

I was in Berdoo a few weeks back. Did old dale as well. I want to go back and do Brooklyn Mine Jeep Trail. This is a great time to be in the desert!
90SaharaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
SoCalJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90SaharaJeep View Post
I was in Berdoo a few weeks back. Did old dale as well. I want to go back and do Brooklyn Mine Jeep Trail. This is a great time to be in the desert!
I'm not aware of the other 2. Post when you are going up and perhaps we can get a group together for a run.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.