Deer Valley/Slick Rock - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Deer Valley/Slick Rock

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #61
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
If you guys camp at alpine we may still drive out sat late afternoon and meet yuo guys at the campsite
we will give you a call as soon as we know where we are staying, maybe we get the sites then do slickrock and that will give you guys plenty of notice where to meet us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
For those that are interested, the creek crossing was totally doable. I'd say it was about 32" deep yesterday (6/20/10). We were not able to do the whole trail due to too snow.
thanks for the input ,which way did you come in from on the trail?

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #62
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

so for the folks coming from the bay area, what day where you guys going to go up?
SurfnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #63
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

I was planning on heading up Friday night to wherever the first trail ends up being. We could caravan.
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #64
lostsheep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thanks for the input ,which way did you come in from on the trail?
We came in from the Utica side.
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #65
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzdizz View Post
I was planning on heading up Friday night to wherever the first trail ends up being. We could caravan.
We are doing slick rock first.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #66
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
We are doing slick rock first.
Right, and that trail begins at the the Alpine Lake campground off Hwy. 4.

4x4TrailMaps - Slick Rock Road
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #67
JeepMangler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

FYI, I just ran Slickrock from the HWY 4 entrance to Utica lake yesterday. The entrance by Alpine Lake has deep snow and is unpassable without at least one locker and a winch. My buddy and I were in TJ's on 35's. His has a front locker and mine a rear. We had to winch at least 15 times to get unstuck while traversing the snow. It took two winches to get out of a couple hairy situations. The deep water crossing almost covered the top of my tires but was totally doable. Once below the snow level, it was clear, beautiful and freakin awesome. We camped at the lower lake (Alpine lake) campground because his wife and kids were there. The primitive camp sites on the trail are where it's at tho. I might join in on the fun if I have the time off. I can't wait to go back.
JeepMangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #68
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

I just created a trail map using the USGS topo I downloaded. Here's a link to the JPEG. Not sure how well it will work out, but I like playing with maps and I wanted to give it a try. Let me know what you think.

My videos
Unread 06-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #69
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMangler View Post
FYI, I just ran Slickrock from the HWY 4 entrance to Utica lake yesterday. The entrance by Alpine Lake has deep snow and is unpassable without at least one locker and a winch. My buddy and I were in TJ's on 35's. His has a front locker and mine a rear. We had to winch at least 15 times to get unstuck while traversing the snow. It took two winches to get out of a couple hairy situations. The deep water crossing almost covered the top of my tires but was totally doable. Once below the snow level, it was clear, beautiful and freakin awesome. We camped at the lower lake (Alpine lake) campground because his wife and kids were there. The primitive camp sites on the trail are where it's at tho. I might join in on the fun if I have the time off. I can't wait to go back.
hopefully the snow will be almost gone by the time we go. it is a great little trail
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 06-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #70
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

And here's one I just did for the Deer Valley Trail.

My videos
Unread 06-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #71
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
hopefully the snow will be almost gone by the time we go. it is a great little trail
I'm thinking it will be, we're still a month out. Remember when we hit Deer Valley the first time last year there was still a good bit of snow on the far north end (that was the first week of June) and two weeks later it was all gone.

So, hopefully by mid July we won't have to worry about that. Did I already tell you, I got a mosquito net thing to go on my boony hat?
Unread 06-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #72
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Did I already tell you, I got a mosquito net thing to go on my boony hat?
i bought 2 as well. you got to take care of your passengers!

i just have to buy a hat that will work with it. i think a baseball cap wont keep it off your ears or neck
Unread 06-23-2010, 12:00 AM   #73
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

those things can make luv to a turkey standing flatfooted
giant-mosquito-29551.jpg

Unread 06-23-2010, 12:44 AM   #74
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i bought 2 as well. you got to take care of your passengers!

i just have to buy a hat that will work with it. i think a baseball cap wont keep it off your ears or neck
I'm gonna were one of these.... Military Boonie Hats Original Govt. issue, desert tan, Gulf War I. Just cause it's all nostalgic and they don't use that pattern anymore. OK, really just cause I know it will work, it's my fishing hat.....

Unread 06-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #75
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ah, you've got the Rubicon Ramblers jacket on. Kinda funny the way you're holding that fish in front of you.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deer valley , slick rock

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.