Deer Valley/Slick Rock - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Deer Valley/Slick Rock

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #46
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

FYI, Naxja's sierrafest is going on at this date, and we're going early. Expect 30-40 xj's at the hermit valley campground.

srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #47
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
FYI, Naxja's sierrafest is going on at this date, and we're going early. Expect 30-40 xj's at the hermit valley campground.
wahoo,lots of beer to bum!i meen
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #48
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

its not for me but tim ,scott, and steve get thirsty
beer-protest.png   beer-sos.jpg  
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 06-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #49
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
actually its the 21-25
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2010, 02:16 PM   #50
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
scott started this shindig so its up to him
I may have started this shindig but its a democarcy so if we need to change a few plans to get more people out, it's fine with me.

I do not have a problem camping before we do Deer Valley. It all really depends on time. If we meet up and get going with not lollygagging around in Jackson and get thru the trail at a decent time. Then going into Deer Valley and camping is ok. If we get out of Slick Rock and its later in the day I say we camp and hit Deer Valley on Sunday.

If you all want to do one trail on Saturday and the other on Sunday and leave it at that. We can do that too.

I just really wanted to do this so some of the guys that may be fairly new to 4 wheeling can get there feet wet and be with others to help them out when needed. This will hopefully be a confidence building weekend for those who are new to the sport. Also,to be able to learn what you and yout rig can and cannot do. This trip will not be about who has a bigger ****. If it turns into that, I will have no problem with not asking you to come back on any other future trips. Its all about lhaving fun, learning, and getting drunk around the campfire telling big lies about the days events.

I was planning on having Tim (timatoe) lead Slick Rock since I have not been there. I was planning on leading Deer Valley.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #51
rebel075
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It makes no real difference to me. Ya it would be fun to go out, but not at the expense of ruining the current plan. Maybe next time when theres another shindig.
Unread 06-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #52
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post

I just really wanted to do this so some of the guys that may be fairly new to 4 wheeling can get there feet wet and be with others to help them out when needed. This will hopefully be a confidence building weekend for those who are new to the sport. Also,to be able to learn what you and yout rig can and cannot do. This trip will not be about who has a bigger ****. If it turns into that, I will have no problem with not asking you to come back on any other future trips. Its all about lhaving fun, learning, and getting drunk around the campfire telling big lies about the days events.
]
i feel like that was directed towards me.

so if we do slickrock last, wouldnt that put us out on highway 4? im just a little confused on where we are going to end up.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 06-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #53
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No that was not pointed at you.

The plan was to do slick rock then deer valley to end up on Hwy 88. makes it a little closer to home.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #54
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

lol, well i will probably end up being in that group, oh well. Ok that makes things alot better. Then some of us can just take Mormon Emigrant home.
Unread 06-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #55
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

I think if we have to turn back, we'll have plenty of backup plans. Might not be quite as difficult, but here's a few other trails that are nearby.
Never ran them before, but I looked these up when I was trying to plan my own trip.

-Mount Reba/Round Valley
-Corral Hollow
-Bear Trap Basin (spur from Corral Hollow)
-Mattley Ridge Loop
-Blue Lakes/Indian Valley
-Pardoe (farther away but in the general region)
-Barney Riley

I plotted them on a google map. The map has information and links to trail reviews for each one. Here's the link below. Also, if you have Google Earth, I can email you a KML file for the trail location map.

June Jeep Trip - Google Maps
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #56
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
The plan was to do slick rock then deer valley to end up on Hwy 88. makes it a little closer to home.
Right, I think that's the best plan. The drive from Jackson is kinda long so we're looking at mid afternoon by time we finish Slick Rock, I think.

I think I'd rather loop back out of there and camp at Alpine Lake and hit Deer Valley from the south side first thing, but anywhere is fine. There's just "facilities" at a non primitive campsite.
timatoe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #57
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i vote for camping at alpine and doing deeralley on sun morning. but im flexible. is there cell phone service at alpine? i was wondering on how to hook up with the sunday guys and let them know where were at. and what time should they meet us. i know we will be doing breakfast burritos in the morning so we should be in camp for a little while.
and we can see who has the biggest weeny on hell hole. its nice to get that out of the way quickly so we can enjoy the rest of the day. but seriously if you like to hit the rocks balls out then head to prairie city , we dont want to break any axles in the middle of nowhere. **** happens but no use pushing it
Unread 06-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #58
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

They do have a pay phone there.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2010, 12:54 AM   #59
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i vote for camping at alpine and doing deeralley on sun morning. but im flexible. is there cell phone service at alpine? i was wondering on how to hook up with the sunday guys and let them know where were at. and what time should they meet us. i know we will be doing breakfast burritos in the morning so we should be in camp for a little while.
and we can see who has the biggest weeny on hell hole. its nice to get that out of the way quickly so we can enjoy the rest of the day. but seriously if you like to hit the rocks balls out then head to prairie city , we dont want to break any axles in the middle of nowhere. **** happens but no use pushing it
If you guys camp at alpine we may still drive out sat late afternoon and meet yuo guys at the campsite
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #60
lostsheep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

For those that are interested, the creek crossing was totally doable. I'd say it was about 32" deep yesterday (6/20/10). We were not able to do the whole trail due to too snow.
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
deer valley , slick rock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.