Deer Valley/Slick Rock - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Deer Valley/Slick Rock

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 07-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #151
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

is there any fishing where we are camping??

EDIT: If we are camping at Alpine then yes there is. Have any of you guys fished here before?? If so, what bait do you guys use? Im guessing nightcrawlers, powerbait, and maybe some predator bait?

97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.

Last edited by connor0770; 07-11-2010 at 01:11 AM..
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #152
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

So I got the PM on July 2, but wanted to verify:

Meet in Jackson 8 am Saturday morning, head down 49 to route 4, then head over to the Lake Alpine area to find a campsite. Then we hit Slickrock. Back to campground, then leave Sunday AM to hit Deer Valley from 4 north to 88.

My question is, for those of us farther away (Bay Area), we're planning on leaving Friday after work and camping up there somewhere. Where would be a good spot to camp considering the meeting place is in Jackson. I didn't realize it was an hour and a half from Jackson to the trail head.

Also, with this many jeeps, are we going to be able to complete the trails in one day?
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #153
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

Also, in watching my video from Deer Valley last year, I found the obstacle called "Gatekeeper". Since we were going North to South, it was downhill, and easy for me on 31s. Going the other direction could be fun. I did this last year with NO skids and a 2" lift, so needless to say, I took a lot of body damage. I got all my skids now though.

There are 3 parts, but the Gatekeeper is about 1:00 in.

YouTube - Deer Valley Jeep Trail - July 2009 - Part 3
My videos
Unread 07-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #154
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

So what does the total amount of people look like so far?
Sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #155
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfisher View Post
So what does the total amount of people look like so far?
looks like 12 jeeps so far

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #156
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

is anybody bringing their lady friends? I might bring my friend but she doesnt want to go if its all dudes.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #157
pdangerp

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzdizz View Post
So I got the PM on July 2, but wanted to verify:

Meet in Jackson 8 am Saturday morning, head down 49 to route 4, then head over to the Lake Alpine area to find a campsite. Then we hit Slickrock. Back to campground, then leave Sunday AM to hit Deer Valley from 4 north to 88.

My question is, for those of us farther away (Bay Area), we're planning on leaving Friday after work and camping up there somewhere. Where would be a good spot to camp considering the meeting place is in Jackson. I didn't realize it was an hour and a half from Jackson to the trail head.

Also, with this many jeeps, are we going to be able to complete the trails in one day?
I live in campbell now and I have plans on Friday Evening. We were trying to figure out whether we should drive up to Jackson Friday night (late) and stay in a hotel there (too late to set up camp), or drive up Saturday Morning.

Driving from the bay area, Jackson is kind of out of the way. Is there a way that there can be a secondary meeting place for people closer to the trailhead. Perhaps we could meet in Murphys or someplace like that. then the main group could meet up with us along the way.
pdangerp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:53 PM   #158
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
is anybody bringing their lady friends? I might bring my friend but she doesnt want to go if its all dudes.
tell her to bring her mom and she can ride with me
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #159
pdangerp

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm bringing my girlfriend. She will be my copilot/spotter/camera person. don't worry, she likes to camp and drink beer/whisky so she should fit in pretty well.
pdangerp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:29 AM   #160
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdangerp View Post
I live in campbell now and I have plans on Friday Evening. We were trying to figure out whether we should drive up to Jackson Friday night (late) and stay in a hotel there (too late to set up camp), or drive up Saturday Morning.

Driving from the bay area, Jackson is kind of out of the way. Is there a way that there can be a secondary meeting place for people closer to the trailhead. Perhaps we could meet in Murphys or someplace like that. then the main group could meet up with us along the way.
I was thinking the same thing.
My videos
Unread 07-12-2010, 01:05 AM   #161
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well guys im in a tight spot right now! As some of you may know i have been working on getting my Eagle for Boy Scouts for the past couple months. These last few days i have been working on my project non-stop. My project is installing pavers between a fire station and post office. Anyway, i may have to work on my project this coming saturday (because i am not allowed to use a saw due to liability or some crap like that. Therefore i need an adult there, and my dad works during the week). Is there anyway i can keep get ahold of the group so i can meet up with you guys saturday night? Sorry for all the question, I have been looking forward to this trip for a year and dont want to miss it. Thanks
Unread 07-12-2010, 01:34 AM   #162
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

OK, since Connor can't go...... I'm not going, it's just a moral support thing.

Nevermind all the other lame excuses I gave over on NorCal.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 01:36 AM   #163
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
OK, since Connor can't go...... I'm not going, it's just a moral support thing.

Nevermind all the other lame excuses I gave over on NorCal.
haha im going, just might not make slickrock
Unread 07-12-2010, 03:46 AM   #164
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
well guys im in a tight spot right now! As some of you may know i have been working on getting my Eagle for Boy Scouts for the past couple months. These last few days i have been working on my project non-stop. My project is installing pavers between a fire station and post office. Anyway, i may have to work on my project this coming saturday (because i am not allowed to use a saw due to liability or some crap like that. Therefore i need an adult there, and my dad works during the week). Is there anyway i can keep get ahold of the group so i can meet up with you guys saturday night? Sorry for all the question, I have been looking forward to this trip for a year and dont want to miss it. Thanks
Well, most people say I am an adult. Would it help if I came to help you with your eagle scout project during the week?

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #165
fredr1980
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdangerp View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzdizz View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
Why don't we (People coming from the Bay Area) leave friday afternoon after work between 3-5:30pm camp on the trail head Friday night and meet with the rest of the main group at the Slickrock trail head saturday morning at 9ish or whenever everyone gets there from that's coming from the safeway meeting place in Jackson? I think this would be the best bet, that way we don't have to get up SUPER early Saturday morning to make it to jackson by the 8am "wheels up" time and can be rested for the day of wheeling ahead. Let me know what you guys think.

Fred R.

Tags
deer valley , slick rock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.