Deer Valley CA Trail Run June 15th Official Thread - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Deer Valley CA Trail Run June 15th Official Thread

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #151
Goobersbro

Yea i just ran mine straight to the battery but i might switch it over to the box soon

Unread 06-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #152
cody11ca
1993 YJ Wrangler 

mine was on the fuse box under the dash and i got a lot of engine noise on it.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #8
cody11ca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2009, 02:07 AM   #153
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjjustforme View Post
Whats up blake where have you been lately?
I just started work this week so ive come home and crashed every day. Ever since the college semester ended i havent found time for JF. Dorms rooms are to Jeep Forum as the sun is to skin cancer.

Im kinda pissed because i have been super lazy and haven't called anybody up to see if they have the rugged ridge steering in stock. So im probably using my bent stock tie rod on the 15th. Unless i pay for quick shipping
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2009, 06:09 AM   #154
Goobersbro

does a tj and yj use the same type of steering set up???
Unread 06-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #155
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
Is there anybody going that does not have a CB? Let me know I have an extra with a lighter plug for power and a magnet mount antenna.
thats my set-up
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #156
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

So is there an unofficial tally for the number of people going to Deer Valley?
Sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #157
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Im going, plus maybe one of my buddies also.
Unread 06-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #158
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfisher View Post
So is there an unofficial tally for the number of people going to Deer Valley?

I believe Bob is keeping track of that.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #159
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH this is driving me nuts, im ordered a dry diff gasket from 4wp on the 31 and still havent got it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #160
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Originally Posted by bigsquat
roll call:

1. me(bob)
2. goobersbro
3. connor0770
4. timatoe
5. yjjustforme
6. jeepdo0
7. grn98tj
8. cody11ca
9. norcalyj92
10. tjcole
11. sccafire
12. awachwhiteboy

maybe:

blackbeauty
silbota
norcalcon
metal
jeepstar83
one cleanyj92 ( out)
if your name isn't here or you know your not going them copy and paste the corrections

updated.........is this correct?

any updates?
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #161
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i thought i would post this again for anyone new to the forum:

The Nor Cal / Sacramento Jeep group here on JF is running the Deer Valley trail on June 15th 2009. All the info should be listed under here. And frequent updates of the attending roster will be posted. So if you have any info, or want to "sign up" for the trip please post here.

Pretty much anyone is invited. So far our opinion of the Deer Valley trail is moderate to few difficult obstacles. Again, i will have the more experienced guys post stuff about the trail here.

And you can find numerous youtube videos off the trail too, just search

Here is the original nor cal thread, but as you can see it is crowded with all our bs
Nor Cal Offroad Thread

Thanks to anyone who posts up info about this trip. But please keep the chit chat for other threads.

And i can't remember who it was, but thank you to those one who originally came up with the idea for this trail run
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 06-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #162
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

As of right now, the whole group is meeting at a restaurant called Mel's in Placerville at 8 AM. There we will eat breakfast and all head up to the trail. There is also a jeeppool meeting in Lodi at 6:30 AM for the people south of the Sac area. There is no exact location for this yet.

I am just doing the trail in 1 day. Running it North to South, then heading back home for work Tuesday. But there might be people camping Mon night, then running the trail backwards on Tues. This is also unconfirmed.
Unread 06-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #163
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

here is the directions to the starting point :

From Highway 88 - Northern Access (Sacramento - 113 Miles)
- Head East on Highway 50 toward South Lake Tahoe (56 Miles)
- Take exit 60 and turn right onto Sly Park Road (4.6 Miles)
- Turn left onto Mormon Immigrant Trail (24.6 Miles)
- Turn left onto Highway 88 (19.6 Miles)
- Turn right onto Forestdale Road to Lower Blue Lake (8.5 Miles)
Unread 06-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #164
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i thought i would post this again for anyone new to the forum:

The Nor Cal / Sacramento Jeep group here on JF is running the Deer Valley trail on June 15th 2009. All the info should be listed under here. And frequent updates of the attending roster will be posted. So if you have any info, or want to "sign up" for the trip please post here.

Pretty much anyone is invited. So far our opinion of the Deer Valley trail is moderate to few difficult obstacles. Again, i will have the more experienced guys post stuff about the trail here.

And you can find numerous youtube videos off the trail too, just search

Here is the original nor cal thread, but as you can see it is crowded with all our bs
Nor Cal Offroad Thread

Thanks to anyone who posts up info about this trip. But please keep the chit chat for other threads.

And i can't remember who it was, but thank you to those one who originally came up with the idea for this trail run
Just let me get my hands on the guys that decided to install torx bolts on JEEPS!
yjjustforme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #165
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
As of right now, the whole group is meeting at a restaurant called Mel's in Placerville at 8 AM. There we will eat breakfast and all head up to the trail. There is also a jeeppool meeting in Lodi at 6:30 AM for the people south of the Sac area. There is no exact location for this yet.

I am just doing the trail in 1 day. Running it North to South, then heading back home for work Tuesday. But there might be people camping Mon night, then running the trail backwards on Tues. This is also unconfirmed.
The meeting place in lodi ca is at the cheveron gas staion right off of highway 99 on the kettelman/highway 12 exit at 6:30.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.