Deer Valley CA Trail Run June 15th Official Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Deer Valley CA Trail Run June 15th Official Thread

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-20-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Deer Valley CA Trail Run June 15th Official Thread

The Nor Cal / Sacramento Jeep group here on JF is running the Deer Valley trail on June 15th 2009. All the info should be listed under here. And frequent updates of the attending roster will be posted. So if you have any info, or want to "sign up" for the trip please post here.

Pretty much anyone is invited. So far our opinion of the Deer Valley trail is moderate to few difficult obstacles. Again, i will have the more experienced guys post stuff about the trail here.

And you can find numerous youtube videos off the trail too, just search

Here is the original nor cal thread, but as you can see it is crowded with all our bs
Nor Cal Offroad Thread

Thanks to anyone who posts up info about this trip. But please keep the chit chat for other threads.

And i can't remember who it was, but thank you to those one who originally came up with the idea for this trail run

We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

As of right now, the whole group is meeting at a restaurant called Mel's in Placerville at 8 AM. There we will eat breakfast and all head up to the trail. There is also a jeeppool meeting in Lodi at 6:30 AM for the people south of the Sac area. There is no exact location for this yet.

I am just doing the trail in 1 day. Running it North to South, then heading back home for work Tuesday. But there might be people camping Mon night, then running the trail backwards on Tues. This is also unconfirmed.
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Unread 05-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm still in.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
Goobersbro

Yea on top of that I would say if your comming you need to at least have front or rear recovery points both would be best. Also bring any two straps shovles, highlifts anything that has to do with recovery that you own bring with you.
Unread 05-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
cody11ca
1993 YJ Wrangler 

im interested in going.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #8
cody11ca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
Goobersbro

we will count you in as said were leaving from a place called mells in placerville at 8 am on june 15th. Mells is rite off of 50

We will be out there all day so you should bring some snacks and some drinks also bring some toilet paper haha

Last edited by Goobersbro; 05-20-2009 at 04:35 PM..
Goobersbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

here is the directions to the starting point :

From Highway 88 - Northern Access (Sacramento - 113 Miles)
- Head East on Highway 50 toward South Lake Tahoe (56 Miles)
- Take exit 60 and turn right onto Sly Park Road (4.6 Miles)
- Turn left onto Mormon Immigrant Trail (24.6 Miles)
- Turn left onto Highway 88 (19.6 Miles)
- Turn right onto Forestdale Road to Lower Blue Lake (8.5 Miles)
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

roll call:

1. me(bob)
2. goobersbro
3. connor0770
4. timatoe
5. yjjustforme
6. jeepdo0
7. one cleanyj92
8. cody11ca
9. norcalyj92
10. tjcole
11. sccafire

maybe:

blackbeauty
awachwhiteboy
silbota
norcalcon
metal

if your name isn't here or you know your not going them copy and paste the corrections
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'

Last edited by bigsquat; 05-20-2009 at 07:37 PM..
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
cody11ca
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
we will count you in as said were leaving from a place called mells in placerville at 8 am on june 15th. Mells is rite off of 50

We will be out there all day so you should bring some snacks and some drinks also bring some toilet paper haha
toilet paper? use your sock
Sacramento Jeepers Group #8
cody11ca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #10
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody11ca View Post
toilet paper? use your sock
lol whatever works for ya i prefer the nice poison ivy
Unread 05-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
Goobersbro

I also want to clairfy that we are leaving at 8 am that way we should arrive at the trail head around 9-9:30
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The meeting place in lodi is at the chevron gas station right off of kettleman(hwy. 12) and 99!!!! 6am
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ok so does that mean that we need to get to Mels around 7:15-7:30?

Unread 05-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have an open seat if anybody wants to ride.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'll ride with you!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.