Cleveland Forest Map/Info - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Cleveland Forest Map/Info

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-29-2014, 01:41 AM   #1
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Post Cleveland Forest Map/Info

Hey all. Today I decided to take a quick trip out to the Cleveland Forest to check it out.
I couldn't find much information on it in the forum so i figured I'd share my experience.

We went out this morning to the South side of the mountain range and decided to enter on Trabuco Canyon Road. Nice drive through a canopy of very healthy trees but nothing challenging. Just a cool drive on dirt roads through the forest... (nice to take your friends that arent as excited about rock crawling up in Big Bear).
Now I was under the impression that from that trail we would be able to access the main divide but apparently not!
At the end of that road Is "Holy Jim's" hiking trail that goes up to some sort of falls. We had to turn around a little past that trail head and come home.

At the start of "Holy Jim's" trail there was a map of the forest. I took a picture and decided I'd share it on here for others to use. Its late at night and I had nothing better to do so I "enhanced" it a tad bit to try and make it more usable for us Jeepers.

I highlighted some of the trails and made a quick key.

Anyways... I hope that helps a few people out. Thats the kind of map I was looking for when I wanted to do some exploring. Happy trail riding!

thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2014, 01:44 AM   #2
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here are two pics from my adventure!

Unread 04-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #3
Electricjay
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have been across the main divide. It's a nice drive. It's not always open. I always check the Cleveland national forest website.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/cl...telprdb5340229
It's always worked for me.
Unread 04-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #4
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricjay
I have been across the main divide. It's a nice drive. It's not always open. I always check the Cleveland national forest website. http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/cl...telprdb5340229 It's always worked for me.
That's a very helpful link. I haven't been on that page. It would suck to go all the way there and find the gates closed
Unread 04-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #5
Electricjay
2012 JK Wrangler 

Before I knew about that link, I found out the "Hard Way".. lol Of course, when it rains, you can guarantee some ranger made his way to lock the gates!

Last edited by Electricjay; 04-01-2014 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: left out a few words
Electricjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.