Cleghorn, Sunday Apr 15 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Cleghorn, Sunday Apr 15

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
hytech_redneck

ok so unfortunately i am officially out.

My ZJ was bough partially built with a 4.5 rubicon and some spacers for a little more. i bought it pretty cheap and I had a budget. unfortunately i hit the budget much too fast when my tranny got fried and i had a new one put in. Currently it had 33's under it and is open/open. I have a homemade front bumper on it and my roackhard rear and swing away arrived the other day. Havent had the time to install it yet. quick discos up front but im kinda a neewbie and need a decent trail ride with some experienced folks to show me what it can do. It does second as a "daily driver though" has kn air intake flowmaster exhaust on the 5.2 v8. I will make it on the next one hopefully. My crager wheel shows up for the spare tomorow and i should be getting this thing just about ready. I can lock it yet because of the D44a thats on it. my research says this is an aluminum center housing? anyways ill keep an eye out and would love to meet some of you guys and see what my truck can do without breaking it. thanks

hytech_redneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
bigV
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 982500h View Post
You're meeting by the west entry to Cleghorn, but then you're going to drive all the way to the east entry and start the trail? If this is true, it will save me a lot of driving to just meet you at the eastern entry. Can you specify where you are actually entering the trail so I can meet you there? Coordinates, map link, or descriptive directions will work.

Hopefully you misstyped and meant you are running Cleghorn west to east. Breakfast at McDonald's is a perk for my daughters!
We're planning on running it east to west, we're coming from the west, so we're just meeting at McD's & Chevron mainly to gas up, then continue eastward. I think this is the east trailhead, I'll confirm with the guy leading the run.
34.300435, -117.337182
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
bigV
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hytech_redneck View Post
ok so unfortunately i am officially out.

My ZJ was bough partially built with a 4.5 rubicon and some spacers for a little more. i bought it pretty cheap and I had a budget. unfortunately i hit the budget much too fast when my tranny got fried and i had a new one put in. Currently it had 33's under it and is open/open. I have a homemade front bumper on it and my roackhard rear and swing away arrived the other day. Havent had the time to install it yet. quick discos up front but im kinda a neewbie and need a decent trail ride with some experienced folks to show me what it can do. It does second as a "daily driver though" has kn air intake flowmaster exhaust on the 5.2 v8. I will make it on the next one hopefully. My crager wheel shows up for the spare tomorow and i should be getting this thing just about ready. I can lock it yet because of the D44a thats on it. my research says this is an aluminum center housing? anyways ill keep an eye out and would love to meet some of you guys and see what my truck can do without breaking it. thanks
Cleghorn is a good newbie trail, but if you're rigs not ready, then it's not ready, there will always be a next time. As for the D44a, yes it has an aluminum center section, you should look into a truss/skid for it, there's a place online that sells a weld-in kit, forgot the name tho. Only locker available for it is a Spartan lunchbox. Get an stronger diff cover too and it'll do just fine.
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #19
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigV View Post
We're planning on running it east to west, we're coming from the west, so we're just meeting at McD's & Chevron mainly to gas up, then continue eastward. I think this is the east trailhead, I'll confirm with the guy leading the run.
34.300435, -117.337182
Yes - those are the correct coodinates for the Eastern Trailhead of Cleghorn.

Google Maps: Cleghorn Eastern Trailhead - 34.300435, -117.337182

Don't be confused with Cleghorn Road that meets Hwy 138 south of that point, or the other Cleghorn Road that meets Hwy 138 North-West of there, closer to I-15. Neither of those is the correct trailhead.
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #20
dakota123
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
Yes - those are the correct coodinates for the Eastern Trailhead of Cleghorn.

Google Maps: Cleghorn Eastern Trailhead - 34.300435, -117.337182

Don't be confused with Cleghorn Road that meets Hwy 138 south of that point, or the other Cleghorn Road that meets Hwy 138 North-West of there, closer to I-15. Neither of those is the correct trailhead.
is their a reason why your running it from east to west or is it just for the hell of it?
dakota123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #21
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota123 View Post
is their a reason why your running it from east to west or is it just for the hell of it?
I didn't plan this run, and I'm not sure why they're starting from the east.

I've been following the thread because there's a small chance I could make it out on Sunday - maybe 25% chance.
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #22
bigV
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota123

A lot of us have run the trail a few times before, the guy leading just wanted to change it up a bit, put a new spin on old obstacles
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #23
bigV
1991 YJ Wrangler 

if you're planning on going, please post up here or send me a PM or email so I can reply with my cell#, in-case you're running late on Sunday, we can wait for ya, I'll put a roll-call on the 1st post, if you're up there please confirm, and let me know if you're inviting some others to play
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #24
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I might be up there sunday. Shoot me your cell number i'll shoot you a text the night before and let you know if I'm going or not.

I wanna test out the new lockers
Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #25
982500h
2000 TJ Wrangler 

To see the trail, go here and look for Cleghorn and 2N47:
http://tinyurl.com/6uq94zt
982500h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #26
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok i definetly have work off so i'll be up there for sure as long as nothing breaks before then haha
Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #27
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 982500h View Post
To see the trail, go here and look for Cleghorn and 2N47:
http://tinyurl.com/6uq94zt
That's a great link - I'll have to bookmark that one. Thanks.
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #28
dakota123
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigV View Post
A lot of us have run the trail a few times before, the guy leading just wanted to change it up a bit, put a new spin on old obstacles
that sounds like a good reason to me haha
dakota123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #29
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey BigV,

Sent you a Pm but your inbox is full, pm me when you get a second.

Molon Labe
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #30
bigV
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post
Hey BigV,

Sent you a Pm but your inbox is full, pm me when you get a second.
oops, cleared it, sent you a PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.