cleghorn run anyone? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > cleghorn run anyone?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

My YJ pretty much ain't gonna happen for a while, so I'm on the hunt for another YJ. Something has been itching for quite a long time, that itch to have two YJs... well I'm about to scratch it here real soon.

So it's looking like I might be back on the trails here soon.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #17
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper
My YJ pretty much ain't gonna happen for a while, so I'm on the hunt for another YJ. Something has been itching for quite a long time, that itch to have two YJs... well I'm about to scratch it here real soon.

You been in the roll call thread? Grab that ol cj I posted up. It had a v8 and I'm sure you could talk the guy down

Edit: I'm a *******. Just saw your post. Disregard this.
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #18
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
You been in the roll call thread? Grab that ol cj I posted up. It had a v8 and I'm sure you could talk the guy down

Edit: I'm a *******. Just saw your post. Disregard this.

My old co-driver might want it, but that's a real big if. I sure as hell don't want another headache on my hands. The one I have sitting in the garage up in Phelan is already enough.

Still not enough power.
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #19
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post

Let me know when you get on the trails, I'm always looking for new people to go with.
ItsJustD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #20
hytechredneck
1995 ZJ 

I have been doing a slow build for over 6 months now. I bought my zj with what appears to be a 4.5 rubicon lift on it, but the rig was nearly ready for the scrap yard. I bought it and have been doing some work to get it up to par. After a t-case rebuilt, and a new transmission my wallet was getting hurt. Got some rubicon 5 spoke wheels and 33" tires on it now and just installed a rockhard rear bumper and tire carrier. What I'm getting at is..... Would you all be interested if I started a slow build thread and photo up what I have so far? I think you guys would laugh at the jerry rigged hood scoop job the previous guy did on this poor truck. I just bought an aftermarket good and I'm currently painting it.
hytechredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #21
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustD View Post
Let me know when you get on the trails, I'm always looking for new people to go with.
Will do! There's a boatload of us shootin the **** and occasionally going out for trail runs in the LA County thread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hytechredneck View Post
I have been doing a slow build for over 6 months now. I bought my zj with what appears to be a 4.5 rubicon lift on it, but the rig was nearly ready for the scrap yard. I bought it and have been doing some work to get it up to par. After a t-case rebuilt, and a new transmission my wallet was getting hurt. Got some rubicon 5 spoke wheels and 33" tires on it now and just installed a rockhard rear bumper and tire carrier. What I'm getting at is..... Would you all be interested if I started a slow build thread and photo up what I have so far? I think you guys would laugh at the jerry rigged hood scoop job the previous guy did on this poor truck. I just bought an aftermarket good and I'm currently painting it.
To give you an idea, my build thread has been up for over a year now. And not much progress has been made. So... yeah... haha!

Still not enough power.
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #22
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got video 1 from my brother, so I decided to throw it up in here.

Unread 04-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #23
Zeus82more
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hell ya it was windy up there. Lol
Zeus82more is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #24
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus82more View Post
Hell ya it was windy up there. Lol
Haha, wasn't that bad for me
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #25
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Cleghorn changes every month, every single time I go there, there are new ruts and holes that weren't there last time. I call that obstacle power line hill, fun to mess around on.

Still not enough power.
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #26
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
Cleghorn changes every month, every single time I go there, there are new ruts and holes that weren't there last time. I call that obstacle power line hill, fun to mess around on.
I've only been twice, and the first time I went it started snowing like crazy so I had no idea what it looked like under the snow haha.

Unread 04-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #27
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lol, good video. That little hill looks like its gotten steeper since I've been over there.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #28
Zeus82more
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustD

Haha, wasn't that bad for me
Ya ill have to keep the top up next time. Lol
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:56 AM   #29
KickRocks
2013 WK 

So is this trail only recommended for modified Jeeps? How about a stock 13 overland? Would I have issues?
KickRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #30
Zeus82more
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I went with a bone stock 99 tj 2.5. There were a few rough spots that I didn't want to go for but there are easier ways around everything.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.