central coast! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > central coast!

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 07-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #16
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

What's up everyone. I'm tentatively planning a trail trip for Sat. July 16th. I haven't decided on a location yet, but was thinking Turkey Flats since my last trip didn't make it past the first hill because my water pump failed.

Thoughts?

2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Blkdvll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #17
Derph
1994 ZJ 

Where's that?
Derph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #18
pdangerp

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkdvll View Post
Now that gas prices have dropped, I can afford to go wheeling again. Lets get a trip planned!
Gas prices have dropped about 25 cents in the last 2 months. Are you telling me that approximately $4.75 per tank was keeping you from wheeling?
pdangerp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #19
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Can't make the weekend of the 16th, but just about every other weekend works for me.
Survivalist Club Member #26
carsonvogt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #20
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdangerp

Gas prices have dropped about 25 cents in the last 2 months. Are you telling me that approximately $4.75 per tank was keeping you from wheeling?
They have dropped close to, or over 50 cents here. At $80+ a tank, and with using a tank of gas in a trip, yes, it was keeping me from wheeling.
2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Unread 07-07-2011, 01:23 AM   #21
pdangerp

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkdvll View Post
They have dropped close to, or over 50 cents here. At $80+ a tank, and with using a tank of gas in a trip, yes, it was keeping me from wheeling.
When I went to Cal Poly, I remember gas being about 10 cents more than San Jose. Even if it dropped 50 cents, and you had a 19 gallon tank like the TJs do, then you'd be seeing a 10 dollar price difference. 10 bucks is the cost of a tri tip sandwich with tip at Firestone Grill.
pdangerp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 03:54 AM   #22
Prunetuck4X4
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Live in Monterey area. 1997 TJ Wrangler, 4.0, stock except tires and a few other mods. I wheel in hollister hills mostly but am always looking for new trails and new trail buddies to wheel with.

Once you start with the basics it becomes like a wife or girlfriend, you will not want another mans hand all over her, you will want the work all to yourself! -freedommachine
Prunetuck4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #23
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prunetuck4X4 View Post
Live in Monterey area. 1997 TJ Wrangler, 4.0, stock except tires and a few other mods. I wheel in hollister hills mostly but am always looking for new trails and new trail buddies to wheel with.
I think I might need you to show me around Hollister sometime in the near future
Unread 07-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #24
motodude248
2002 WJ 

Just wanted to post this somewhere. There is an auction going on in Atascadero this weekend. I have been to one of their auctions before so I was checking out what they had this weekend. First picture they have on their website is of a black 5.9 Grand Cherokee. I wont be able to go but wanted to inform some fellow Jeepers.

Here is the website. http://www.777auctions.net/June26_Auction.html
motodude248 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #25
A55MULL3T
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Xj Central Coast

I am in Salinas and am looking for other people in monterey county or nearby to go wheelin with.
A55MULL3T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #26
Cliffordbg
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lompoc/Vandenberg AFB area here. Just bought a jeep 2 weeks ago. Looking to have some fun with it. I don't currently have any other jeep folks to roll with. My roommate has an FJ, don't wanna be seen with him hahahaha. Stock jeep on 31x10.5's so i can't get into too much lol.
Cliffordbg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #27
A55MULL3T
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Los+Bu...01929&t=h&z=13

how far from you is this?
A55MULL3T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 11:31 PM   #28
Derph
1994 ZJ 

2 hours from me
Derph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #29
Cliffordbg
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Big Sur is roughly 3 hours from me.
Cliffordbg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #30
jsmithjr63
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A55MULL3T
Pretty close...within about an hour. Ive been to that spot a few times. Never found any real good wheelin spots, mostly all dirt roads but there are some amazing views
jsmithjr63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.