Calico Trails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Calico Trails

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Calico Trails

Going to Calico with the fam tomorrow for the first time. Bring my TJs on 33s and 35s... Both open open. Planning at the moment on doing Odessa canyon. Is this doable with my differential situation?

If not can you recommend another trail..?

thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Went ahead and did Odessa canyon. Luckily ran into another rig that helped through some stuff. Four major obstacles. One of them I tapped my hardtop on a Rockwall.

A fun trail in all. Wouldn't have made it through though without winching. Lockers truly are required. At least for my rig. Maybe stacking rocks could have changed that but I didn't bother.
Unread 12-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Some pics
image-1757434359.jpg

image-2340687359.jpg

image-1080398272.jpg

image-3418344102.jpg

Unread 01-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #4
Xjman1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like you got a little close on that wall.

The water fall is a challenge. I was able to do stock with 30's and factory limited slip, but lost a few chunks of rubber off the tires. I was just about to run winch when the tires finally grabbed.
Xjman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #5
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

Calico is so much fun, I loved it. Wanna do another run up there but it's just so freaking far from me so it's hard to justify doing it. That tight squeeze in the canyon will get ya if you're not paying attention. Busted my door surround on my driver side doing a night run up Odessa. Also busted a stabilizer coming back from wall street, busted my license plate off, smashed a tail light and two quarter panels... Last time I wheel Calico that hungover lol.
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #6
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah Calico is a lot of fun. That canyon wall has sucked a lot of jeeps in to it, lol. The trick is to place your left tires dead center on top of that rock on the left. To far to the left and you slide off into the wall everytime. One of our buddies cracked his hard top and busted his side window out in this section. After you run it a couple of times and you'll get through without any problems.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #7
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea the canyon and puckered pass aint too nice. I'll never run it again with my top on. Honestly I don't care how hard I slam my cage into a rock but a tap on the hadrtop makes my eyes wet haha. Definitely a sweet experience.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.