Calico Run on January 14, 2012 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Calico Run on January 14, 2012

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horaciosan
If any one know about calico , can you give more info about the run ,like if there is place to gas up , where to eat ,if any places to eat , is this run going to be hard or easy, it it stock friendly, or anything that will help anyone. Thanks
There are trails from easy to extreme. A little bit for everyone. There are a couple of gas stations about 5 miles from the campground entrance to gas up. As far as restaurant I am not sure hotshot can chime in on that one.

clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #17
Horaciosan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82

There are trails from easy to extreme. A little bit for everyone. There are a couple of gas stations about 5 miles from the campground entrance to gas up. As far as restaurant I am not sure hotshot can chime in on that one.
What time we all meeting and where ?
Horaciosan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Peggy Sues Diner, Jack In The Box, Richie's Diner, 4/5 miles away at the off ramp for Calico, and if you don't like any of those places there's a bunch restaurants in Barstow just 15 minutes away.

If your camping out, you may want to do like many of us will and cook your meals at the camp site?

There's also motels at the exit for Calico (I-15 and Ghost Town Rd). There's even a place to eat right inside the Ghost town, restaurant/Saloon.

For those of you that don't want to tent it, there's also cabins at Calico you can rent by the night. Last time I checked they seemed very reasonable. You may need to reserve those ahead of time though?

Here's Calico Ghost Towns link again.

http://cms.sbcounty.gov/parks/Parks/...GhostTown.aspx

Peggy Sues is like a 50's diner, they have very good food and a great atmosphere. Sometimes when I go to calico I don't even bring food, just grab something at Peggy Sues or Jack in the Box.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #19
Black0Rifle
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horaciosan View Post
If any one know about calico , can you give more info about the run ,like if there is place to gas up , where to eat ,if any places to eat , is this run going to be hard or easy, it it stock friendly, or anything that will help anyone. Thanks
gas up in barstow about 10-15 miles before the exit for calico. the gas at the calico exit is VERY expensive. there's a diner at the calico exit. also the calico ghost town has a couple places to eat. pretty much just burgers and stuff.
Black0Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #20
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horaciosan View Post
What time we all meeting and where ?
Some will probably be arriving friday night after work, and some will probably roll in early Saturday Morning. As far as exact times, or location where we meet up to hit the trails, we'll try to dial all that in shortly.
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #21
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

For good Italian Food in Barstow, try the Fire House. The inside it decorated with old fire engine, and fire house antiques. I think the exit is main Street?, It's right by the overpass for I-40 behind a gas station.
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #22
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be there either very early Saturday or very late Friday. I have Monday off, and I think a lot of people do too for MLK day, so I'll stay through then. I think I'd prefer to pitch a tent in the canyon somewhere, though I don't know the area at all so I'd rather do so with someone who's familiar...
SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #23
qewbawl
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have to work Sunday morning so I will probably only be there for the Saturday run.
qewbawl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #24
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bump
Unread 01-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #25
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by qewbawl View Post
I have to work Sunday morning so I will probably only be there for the Saturday run.
Unread 01-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #26
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Dude you don't even know if your going.
Unread 01-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #27
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Dude you don't even know if your going.
lol put me on blast like that
Unread 01-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #28
Hotshot
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Perfect opportunity to bump the second Calico thread down the list some.
Unread 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #29
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Any body else want to pitch out in the canyon?
SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #30
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Count me in on Saturday for sure. I'll just meet yall where ever the meeting spot is on Saturday morning.

I might be able to camp out and run Sunday as well, but for sure on Saturday.

What's the general plan? I've never been to Calico before. Finally get to try out the new springs and shocks! I haven't wheeled in almost a month just been busy, but my jeep is ready to go, I'm not working weekends for a while and I got the itch to hit some rocks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.