Calico Run on January 14, 2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Calico Run on January 14, 2012

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Calico Run on January 14, 2012

So after talking to some buddies who recently went to Calico, now I wanna go too. Dont have to many details locked in yet, but it was suggested that someone make a separate thread for the run so I went ahead and did so.

the list of people going so far is
Trevino
clg82
qewbawl
Sancho151
SkylarM
Black0Rifle
Horaciosan
danielbuck (maybe)
Hotshot (very likely)
bhicks

Would be nice to have someone whos been there plenty of times to take the lead.

Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
yomondo
2009 JK Wrangler 

What trail in Calico are you planning to run? I don't know yet if I'll be available, but if it's Doran Loop I'd be interested. That's one of my favorite SoCal trails. I led a group through there in October.
Black 2009 Rubicon 2-Dr Auto | TF 3" lift | JKS trackbars | Fox shocks | 35" GY MT/R-K's | EVO Axle Sleeves and C Gussets | ARB diff covers | Skid Row evap can skid and front CA skids | Shrockworks bumpers & rock rails | Synergy Ball Joints, Tie Rod and grab handles | Warn 9.5ti | Dual Optima Yellow Tops | sPOD | Cobra 29 LTD
yomondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Haven't decided what trail yet as its over a month away. We started planning the trip in the roll call los Angeles thread but it was becoming hard to follow with people posting what they did to their rig and other non trip related things. It was brought up that someone should make a thread so I did. We have yet to decide what the trail and time. A few people mentioned calico and no one objected so we stuck with calico.
Unread 12-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Doran, Odessa, Phillips, The twisty trail to Wall Street drop off (sorry don't know the exact name) And some other tight trail that we found on Tday weekend would be cool.

Put me down for a Very Likely. The only trail above that I haven't ran is Doran but I seen some pic's the other day and it looks like fun. I may run it between Christmas and New years? Either way, guide or no guide for Doran, the next time I'm at Calico Doran will be the first trail I hit up (bypassing gatekeeper of course). I've been all over the rest of Calico. Calico is much bigger then it looks, you can easily get lost, or even miss the good stuff out there if you haven't been before.
Hotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Well like I said I don't really care what trails we run, I just want something new again. More than likely coming home with trail damage, but I've made peace with that already lol
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
GOATKrawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

if i dont work ide like to go and ofcourse i wont know till the week before. so maybe/hopefully.
GOATKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
Jim_2006LJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

A buddy and I would be interested in this trip.
Jim 2006 LJ
Miles 2000 TJ
Jim_2006LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #8
Black0Rifle
1993 YJ Wrangler 

bump

2 weeks out
Black0Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

So who's all staying in the camp ground, and who's planning on staying in the canyon? For those of you that haven't been to Calico, there's hot showers and flush toilets inside the camp ground, there's nothing at all in the canyon. I'm staying in the campground myself.

I figure if 3 or 4 of you got together and split the cost of a campsite the cost would be well worth having access to the showers and toilets. I think they charge $25.00 or $27.00 per night per spot, split that 3 or 4 ways your talking $7.00 to $9.00 per jeep. Also when you camp inside Calico admission to the ghost town is included on the camp fee.
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I am definetly in for this trip.....
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #11
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here's. A link to Calico.

http://cms.sbcounty.gov/parks/Parks/...GhostTown.aspx

I read this n the Calico website, thought it was cool.

Quote:
Jeeps have the right of way over ATVs and motorcycles.
Unread 01-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #12
Zjlimited94
1994 ZJ 

Im defenily inn
Zjlimited94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
GOATKrawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

since there doesnt really seem to be many details up yet. is this a day run and some ppl are campin cause i would like to do calico aswell but im not goin to camp or anything ide just be in for the day run aspect of it. also when and where are u guys meeting?
GOATKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
Hotshot
Limit straps are cool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATKrawler View Post
since there doesnt really seem to be many details up yet. is this a day run and some ppl are campin cause i would like to do calico aswell but im not goin to camp or anything ide just be in for the day run aspect of it. also when and where are u guys meeting?
Yeah come out for Saturday, be there early though and pack a lunch.
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #15
Horaciosan
1988 YJ Wrangler 

If any one know about calico , can you give more info about the run ,like if there is place to gas up , where to eat ,if any places to eat , is this run going to be hard or easy, it it stock friendly, or anything that will help anyone. Thanks
Horaciosan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.